The Student Room Group

Carrying on with 2 A levels

Say a student is studying biology chemistry and geography and the student passes geography and biology by fails chemistry can the student still carry on to A2 to study biology A2 geography A2 and chemistry A2 while retaking AS
Original post by Xxfelord
Say a student is studying biology chemistry and geography and the student passes geography and biology by fails chemistry can the student still carry on to A2 to study biology A2 geography A2 and chemistry A2 while retaking AS

Yes! People do that all the time :smile:
Reply 2
Yeah I did that. However, I picked up an A-Level to fast track.

some schools might say you d need at least an E to let you do the A2 chem but it depends really
Reply 4
Original post by cherryred90s
Yes! People do that all the time :smile:

But I mean as in they failed chemistry got a U and they wanted to carry on to year 13 but still wanted to retake the whole of AS chemistry How would that work ? What would be their predicted grade?
But I mean as in they failed chemistry got a U and they wanted to carry on to year 13 but still wanted to retake the whole of AS chemistry How would that work ? What would be their predicted grade?

If you fail with a U, its unlikely your college/6th form will allow you to carry on, but depends on your policy. My college required at least a D grade in AS to carry that subject on to A2 so you'll have to check with your college.

If you are able to carry it on, you may be able to attend AS classes at your college and you'll have to revise and self-teach at home. You and your tutor can decide on a realistic grade together, but with a U you will probably be predicted a D at best, perhaps a C with persuasian
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Async
Yeah I did that. However, I picked up an A-Level to fast track.

What A level did you fast track? Cant remember if i asked you, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest