WORK EXPERIENCE? HELP YEAR 10 or 13 Watch

The1AndOnly1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello,
I am asking for help about work experience as I would Like to know if work experience matters more at A-Level or at GCSE Year 10. Currently I have Work Experience in the food sector at a restaurant and I'm In Year 10. However my friends have work experiences at banks and solicitors and at more "professional" places than I have and this is worrying me as to whether I picked the wrong place for a one week work experience .Therefore, I would like to know how important work experience is in year 10 and if I have made a mistake , can be rectified in Year 12-13? I want to work in finance or Law when I'm older so this is why I am asking this. Many thanks and thank you for taking the time for reading this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sunshine152
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Honestly work experience in year 10 doesn't mean anything, I don't mean to be harsh but it's not going to shape your future... In year 12 and 13 that's when you need to think seriously about where your want to go as this is fining to go on your UCAS application statement and can be a major help in getting into university if that something you would want to do. Uni's look for work experience I years 12 and 13 because that will set you apart from the rest so don't be worried about your year 10 work experience it's basically a week off school👍🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmilySawkins5
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I don't think that it matters that much, however most companies prefer to employ people who have experience. I wouldn't worry as much as you have other chances to get work experience with a law firm or solicitor.
(Original post by The1AndOnly1)
Hello,
I am asking for help about work experience as I would Like to know if work experience matters more at A-Level or at GCSE Year 10. Currently I have Work Experience in the food sector at a restaurant and I'm In Year 10. However my friends have work experiences at banks and solicitors and at more "professional" places than I have and this is worrying me as to whether I picked the wrong place for a one week work experience .Therefore, I would like to know how important work experience is in year 10 and if I have made a mistake , can be rectified in Year 12-13? I want to work in finance or Law when I'm older so this is why I am asking this. Many thanks and thank you for taking the time for reading this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quispe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I need help to find work experience as I am in year 10. If it is possible at game industry
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (431)
58.64%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.44%
No- I want it (214)
29.12%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.8%

Watched Threads