KateF14
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So I have to answer the question "Why might Kant be considered controversial?" I have googled it but all the results tend to be long essays which don't give a simple and direct answer that I can develop on. I'm just looking for a couple of simple reasons....

If anyone can help that would be great!
Gos123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by KateF14)
So I have to answer the question "Why might Kant be considered controversial?" I have googled it but all the results tend to be long essays which don't give a simple and direct answer that I can develop on. I'm just looking for a couple of simple reasons....

If anyone can help that would be great!
Kant defends the position of telling the truth to someone always, even if that someone intends to kill another.

Kant's rational approach to morality can be considered to create the 'principle of absurdity' (a principle used in ethics/philosophy and law when if someone so literally approaches something, it can be considered absurd) by so rigidly adhering to notions of 'duty' 'good will' and the categorical imperative. All three of which are debatablely subjective and objectively lacking in empirical justification.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (12)
7.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (27)
17.2%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (25)
15.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (22)
14.01%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (44)
28.03%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (27)
17.2%

Watched Threads