The Student Room Group

What are your favourite ways to get dangerous drivers off their phones?

Scroll to see replies

T-bone them and tell them it was their fault because they weren't paying attention.

Loljks I don't drive.
Reply 2
Text them haha.

JK, I don't really see what you're getting at... I just keep away from them myself.
I am that guy. Idk anyone who drives and doesn't at least text or speak on headphones. People even go as far to say listening to music, eating or talking is dangerous while driving. So basically anything other than gripping the steering wheel in paranoia is dangerous, huh? Welp...I do text and drive but it's normally whilst I'm at the light and then type in the rest of my sentence while I constantly glance around. It's calm. So keep calm.
Reply 4
On my motorbike I like to pull up along side them and bang on their windows. They very quickly drop the phone thinking its the cops.
Reply 5
Original post by Man.bear.pig
I am that guy. Idk anyone who drives and doesn't at least text or speak on headphones. People even go as far to say listening to music, eating or talking is dangerous while driving. So basically anything other than gripping the steering wheel in paranoia is dangerous, huh? Welp...I do text and drive but it's normally whilst I'm at the light and then type in the rest of my sentence while I constantly glance around. It's calm. So keep calm.

Scum.

Nobody says listening to music is dangerous, it's a distraction but not prohibited.

You're seriously saying if someone was eating a greggs pasty/insert food with a lot of their concentration going towards that instead of watching what's on the road isn't dangerous :erm: ?
Original post by somemightsay888
Nobody says listening to music is dangerous, it's a distraction but not prohibited.

You're seriously saying if someone was eating a greggs pasty/insert food with a lot of their concentration going towards that instead of watching what's on the road isn't dangerous :erm: ?

I have heard that it's dangerous.

Lol you can chew and look at the same time. :colonhash: Most of my activity happens at red lights.
Reply 8
Glare at them angrily and hope they don't get angry back.
My uncle got out of his car and told someone to put their phone away the other day, she was following him in stop-start traffic and texting constantly. I'd love to be scary enough to do that!

I get so pissed off by people using their phones or other distracting things when they drive. It's one thing tapping things on the dashboard or chatting to a friend, but applying makeup, texting, using Facebook or whatever is just stupid to do when your car is, or is about to be, moving. Sure, check the time on your phone at traffic lights, or even answer a call and tell them you'll call back/pull over if you're not hands free, but please don't be an idiot around me, or I'll think death thoughts at you and then feel guilty if anyone dies that day.
Reply 9

I am not in a bad mood right now but they Shouldnt have given a licence to you and I can't wait until you get a £60 fine and 3 pts on the licence for touching your phone while driving. It is at least 3x more distracting than being drunk and driving.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Drunk Punx
T-bone them and tell them it was their fault because they weren't paying attention.

Loljks I don't drive.

Funny idea, wouldn't really make it any safer though hahha

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have heard that it's dangerous.Lol you can chew and look at the same time. :colonhash: Most of my activity happens at red lights.
Wherever you heard that is wrong, unless they meant Earphones :erm:So is a magic ghostlike floating hand gon feed you that food or are you gonna have one hand off the wheel each time you eat which leads to..... :lol: ?
Original post by sandvika
I am not in a bad mood right now but they Shouldn't have given a licence to you and I can't wait until you get a £60 fine and 3 pts on the licence for touching your phone while driving. It is at least 3x more distracting than being drunk and driving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:colonhash: I can drive properly, I passed the first test with only 2 minors and 16 hours in lessons. That's pretty standard if not above standard. I just take a bite at the red light, what is the issue here?
Original post by somemightsay888
Wherever you heard that is wrong, unless they meant Earphones :erm:So is a magic ghostlike floating hand gon feed you that food or are you gonna have one hand off the wheel each time you eat which leads to..... :lol: ?

Erm...I'm not a speed racer. I'm just riding down a road from Uni to my house most of the times, at barely any speed because of traffic mostly, where I am. I think we'll be okay if I stuff some chips. :yy:
Original post by sandvika
I am not in a bad mood right now but they Shouldnt have given a licence to you and I can't wait until you get a £60 fine and 3 pts on the licence for touching your phone while driving. It is at least 3x more distracting than being drunk and driving.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I very much doubt that he has a driving licence.
Original post by Katie_p
Glare at them angrily and hope they don't get angry back.

heh :cool:
Original post by EatAndRevise
I very much doubt that he has a driving licence.

sounds like sour grapes. I've been driving for 2 years now and never had even a fender bender :u:
eating my lunch and all.
I like to ram them with my Dodge pickup. Aim for the driver-side door and accelerate really hard. Gets them every time.
:colonhash: I can drive properly, I passed the first test with only 2 minors and 16 hours in lessons. That's pretty standard if not above standard. I just take a bite at the red light, what is the issue here?

The issue is that you use your phone whilst driving, which is illegal and dangerous.
Original post by EatAndRevise
The issue is that you use your phone whilst driving, which is illegal and dangerous.

aw snap I done took the bait. have a nice day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending