The Student Room Group

Speed Camera Van

Hello

Was on a dual carriageway, the speed limit was 70mph, then dropped to 60mph. There was a speed camera van around the corner just have the the speed dropped. As soon as I saw the van I put on my brakes. I dunno if he caught me or not. I have heard that the vans have to have the back doors open to work, is this true?
It's debatable. Normally yes, they only generally operate with the door open. But if they catch you, they won't say ignore the fine just because our door was closed!
Reply 2
Original post by David_Waddell
Hello

Was on a dual carriageway, the speed limit was 70mph, then dropped to 60mph. There was a speed camera van around the corner just have the the speed dropped. As soon as I saw the van I put on my brakes. I dunno if he caught me or not. I have heard that the vans have to have the back doors open to work, is this true?

The question ought to be: Why did you need to put on your brakes when you saw the speed camera if it was already round the corner after entering the 60 section..

Presumably of course you had already braked down to 60 before passing the 60 sign, so why the need to brake further?
Original post by Reue
The question ought to be: Why did you need to put on your brakes when you saw the speed camera if it was already round the corner after entering the 60 section..

Presumably of course you had already braked down to 60 before passing the 60 sign, so why the need to brake further?

I believe he entered the 60 at 70 and then put his breaks on haha
Reply 4
Original post by CautiousCat
I believe he entered the 60 at 70 and then put his breaks on haha

Surely not?!
The ones around here just have little cat flap type doors above the actual back doors
Reply 6
Original post by Reue

That isn't the question at all, that's just being stupid and playing the high horse card when no one cares for it. Please don't tell me you're a new moderator in this forum?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by FXX
That isn't the question at all, that's just being stupid and playing the high horse card when no one cares for it. Please don't tell me you're a new moderator in this forum?

Lmao. Calm yourself :wink:
Reply 8
If you where doing 60 by the time you came alongside there van you are fine as the cameras tend to be rear facing (some are on the side for overpasses), bearing in mind most speedos tend to overead a wee bit and they are probably not out to get folks doing ~65. Coming around a corner in a NSL doing 110 to see a revenue van... THAT isnt a good feeling, its been a year for me though and nothing has come through so it appears they where on there break xD.
Original post by Reue

You're definitely taking the high horse here. Have you ever broke the speed limit?
Reply 10
Original post by David_Waddell
You're definitely taking the high horse here. Have you ever broke the speed limit?

If I had; I certainly wouldn't create a thread about it on a public forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending