The Student Room Group

My bestfriend and my girlfriend talk a lot?

Background:
I liked this girl for around 2 years ago, i made moves etc etc. (typical guy stuff)
Naturally I told my best friend about her and he acknowledged. Come 2014 exams and my best friend all of a sudden befriends my crush and starts snapping her etc. He aimed to help her with exams by revising with her on 'Skype' but in reality they Skyped A LOT, everyday about just chilling and having a laugh (no revision).
I was her Snapchat best friend for a long time, but as soon as he gets a snapchat they're best friend and they keep mis-sending me snaps that were meant for each other.
As you could have guessed I became incredibly envious. My friend did a similar thing with another girl around a year before this, so this seems as if history was repeating itself. I was angry, annoyed etc.

Skip a few months more and she became my girlfriend - best feeling ever.

Now skip a year to 2015. She was in my sixth form, but had to move away due to family issues afar. (still in UK). She wasn't allowed facebook or anything but she created a fake one just to talk to me....and my best friend. I was uncomfortable at first but I let it go because she needed people to talk to; however recently I discovered they started calling eachother and talking over the phone when my girlfriend barely calls me.
How do I react? Feel?
I feel REALLY uncomfortable, I respect my girlfriend so much, I get Twitter DM's and a few calls from girls who told me they liked me before but I have NEVER picked up a call from them before - all out of respect because I imagine a guy doing that to my girlfriend and it makes me feel uncomfortable.
I approached my gf today about this and she simply said 'I'm not your dog' 'I can talk to who I want' - again, I have no say in this, but i don't know, I feel like I'm some crazy boyfriend just for respecting her.

Sorry if this was rushed I guess I'm still upset and panicky and need someone to talk to.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Background:
I liked this girl for around 2 years ago, i made moves etc etc. (typical guy stuff)
Naturally I told my best friend about her and he acknowledged. Come 2014 exams and my best friend all of a sudden befriends my crush and starts snapping her etc. He aimed to help her with exams by revising with her on 'Skype' but in reality they Skyped A LOT, everyday about just chilling and having a laugh (no revision).
I was her Snapchat best friend for a long time, but as soon as he gets a snapchat they're best friend and they keep mis-sending me snaps that were meant for each other.
As you could have guessed I became incredibly envious. My friend did a similar thing with another girl around a year before this, so this seems as if history was repeating itself. I was angry, annoyed etc.

Now skip a year to 2015. She was in my sixth form, but had to move away due to family issues afar. (still in UK). She wasn't allowed facebook or anything but she created a fake one just to talk to me....and my best friend. I was uncomfortable at first but I let it go because she needed people to talk to; however recently I discovered they started calling eachother and talking over the phone when my girlfriend barely calls me.
How do I react? Feel?
I feel REALLY uncomfortable, I respect my girlfriend so much, I get Twitter DM's and a few calls from girls who told me they liked me before but I have NEVER picked up a call from them before - all out of respect because I imagine a guy doing that to my girlfriend and it makes me feel uncomfortable.
I approached my gf today about this and she simply said 'I'm not your dog' 'I can talk to who I want' - again, I have no say in this, but i don't know, I feel like I'm some crazy boyfriend just for respecting her.

Sorry if this was rushed I guess I'm still upset and panicky and need someone to talk to.

Ok. I get where you are coming from even though this has never happened to me. I feel uncomfortable on your behalf. I have seen this in so many cliche romance novels. If they are not cheating i think they might be on their way to doing so. And he has dome this before. I think you need to voice your concerns to your girlfriend.
Original post by Anonymous
Background:

How do I react? Feel?

A lot of people on here will tell you that you have 'no right' to be so 'controlling' etc but from everything you've said, I'd be suspicious too. Sounds like you have invested emotionally a lot in this girl but people can be dicks and I've learnt to not trust anyone. Trusting someone is nice and everything but you can't really afford to make one person your everything in this world. My advice to you is treat everything she says or does with caution, and build a proper support network of friends and what good family members you do have, around you so that when/if things one day go wrong, you know you didn't put your all into one person. I think you have every right to be jealous of their clear emotional bond, and to be honest there are a lot of sick people out there who will cheat/betray you in situations like this because they are bored with life and like the thrill of the circumstances. It's commendable that you've turned down other girls advances and it shows you to be a decent person, but to be honest with you the older you get the more you realise that one person usually loves more in a relationship and is constantly hounding down the other. To be honest that's one of her most massive appeals for you - you feel like you're having to fight for her attention with other guys (your best friend in this case) therefore she's creating a challenge for you but you need to think about whether she's emotionally starving you here, that's the best advice I can give

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending