Turn on thread page Beta

What kind of bag is best for Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered what kind of bag is best for uni- a backpack or a shoulder/satchel bag? I suppose you can probably fit more into a backpack, but just wondered what all you experienced Uni-goers would recommend!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ruthiepoothie)
    Just wondered what kind of bag is best for uni- a backpack or a shoulder/satchel bag? I suppose you can probably fit more into a backpack, but just wondered what all you experienced Uni-goers would recommend!!
    I was thinking about this the other day. I have tonnes of bags but none are bigger than a postage stamp (slight exaggeration there). However I can't seem to find a nice bag that would fit all the stuff in and look good, the only ones I like are too expensive for me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    I was thinking about this the other day. I have tonnes of bags but none are bigger than a postage stamp (slight exaggeration there). However I can't seem to find a nice bag that would fit all the stuff in and look good, the only ones I like are too expensive for me...
    I have found a few:
    http://www.noflysonus.com/product.as...acturer=Blythe
    http://www.awrust.co.uk/shop/show_it...=Faded%20Beige
    http://www.w1style.co.uk/women-roxy....=2&pagesize=12

ReputationRep:
    Oooh i like, I like!
    We've got this wonderful shop where I live and I don't know how she does it, but Lucy the owner always seems to know what to buy. On my birthday last year I spent £20 on a shoulder bag by somebody called Ollie & Nic. I just liked it cuz it had stars on it and then Kate Beckinsale got the same bag as me.

But once again, all the bags are teeny tiny

ReputationRep:
    Depending on how far away from the lecture theatres you live, you may not need a bag at all. As everything is so close at Essex, lots of people don't bother and just carry round folders like in all the american high school movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Depending on how far away from the lecture theatres you live, you may not need a bag at all. As everything is so close at Essex, lots of people don't bother and just carry round folders like in all the american high school movies
    Those things are dead sharp though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Yeah same with here - I put my pens/phone/purse/keys etc in a smallish shoulder bag (but not that small) and then just carry my folder and pad of paper. I wouldn't worry about the type of bag to have - everyone has their own style and prefers a different kind of bags. Some people use rucksacks, some use large shoulder bags, it juts depends on personal preference (but you might want to think about how far you have to walk/travel to and from lectures, as for me its 5 mins maximum).

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 10-15 min walk from the library and lectures, and I just put a pen in my jacket pocket and carry my pad of paper and notes. Much easier!

ReputationRep:
    I use a backpack - not particularly trendy but it does the job!

ReputationRep:
    Depends what I'm carrying... If I'm going to the library then it's rucsack, if I'm going to lectures then it's just a pen, maybe a little bag to keep lecture notes in if there's more than one lecture, or we're going out for lunch after lecture because then I'd need my purse and phone. I don't take my folders to lectures.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a choice of having a trendy bag, I can't lift a heavy bag so have to have one with wheels. The strange thing is since I started using it quite a few others have too.

ReputationRep:
    I have a back pack as well I just stick everything in randomly and through it all away at the end of the year

All my organisation is done electronicaly.

ReputationRep:
    Do a lot of ppl in the UK have laptops or palmtops ect. ? And use them in class?

ReputationRep:
    i'm taking my computer with 22" LCD screen

and also im talking my satchel type thing - it's like the one in the indiana jones films

ReputationRep:
    I take a little PDA into university its very basic but does the job. Of course I live at home so all my other stuff is at home. I also take a pen drive in.

ReputationRep:

all of them/everyone you've ever owned....you can never have enough bags!!

i tend to use a rucksack on days when i have loads to carry, but on the days when its just paper and my pencil case i take a shoulder bag! and then on somedays just my handbag.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    I see some people walk around with their stuff in sainsbury's plastic bags. The ultimate in economy living.

ReputationRep:
    So not recommended is a small-ish bag and just a big file containing all your work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Nah - if they were tescos/asda bags maybe - sainsbury's=posh
    Harrods Food Court bag!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Nah - if they were tescos/asda bags maybe - sainsbury's=posh
    I go to M&S!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.