Turn on thread page Beta

What kind of bag is best for Uni? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Nah - if they were tescos/asda bags maybe - sainsbury's=posh

a bit out of context...but i was quing in tesco yesterday to buy milk and jelly, and i realised everyone (the 4 people) in front of me also was holding a sainsbry's bag...surly if your rich/stupid enoughto shop in sainsbry's then you wouldnt then need to go to tesco??

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Tesco meat is better than Sainsbury's.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to all those horror stories of students living on tesco value brand pasta for weeks on end? Do they have no reality in them?!?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a student

When I was I lived on Asda pizza's
    Sounds like a good plan, Asda pizzas are very nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    What happened to all those horror stories of students living on tesco value brand pasta for weeks on end? Do they have no reality in them?!?
    I live off that, its great, I live of virgin cola (6 can for 99p), and Pasta 30p for 500g. If even I am feeling swish I will splash out on an eat out meal, which consits of a 42p Gregs susuage roll.

ReputationRep:

our tesco doesnt do own brand value stuff- so no.

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    Nooooo ... I can cook!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Nooooo ... I can cook!

you dont eat pasta raw, silly!!

ReputationRep:
    I think we can consider this thread well and truly off topic....
    Yeah but who cares

Tesco brand pasta tastes the same cooked or uncooked :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    Nooooo ... I can cook!
    You're the first engineer I've met that claims he/she can actually cook! I'll put that down to the fact that you've had four years of learning. What did you do in your first year?

ReputationRep:
    42p!!!!
    Greggs down here charge 65p!!! - or 2 for £1.20 (I can never resist a discount).

Bloody rip off!

I'll send you 50p if you post me a sausage roll AT
    Hehe I thought Manchester was expensive for Greggs, its £1.10 for 3 here!

In Doncaster it was even cheaper. Edinbourgh was the 50p for a sausage roll. There me be more competition up here, we have Hampson's as well (known as Selby's in Liverpool).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I live off that, its great, I live of virgin cola (6 can for 99p), and Pasta 30p for 500g. If even I am feeling swish I will splash out on an eat out meal, which consits of a 42p Gregs susuage roll.
    GREGGS! <gets excited> I remember doing field work with my friend on a geography trip to wales (Breacon, population 7000) and discovering one of them. Ah the joys, we don't have any in brighton.

ReputationRep:
    GREGGS! <gets excited> I remember doing field work with my friend on a geography trip to wales (Breacon, population 7000) and discovering one of them. Ah the joys, we don't have any in brighton.
    Really? Its apparantly Europe's biggest bakery, there is 6 of them in Manchester City Centre alone and every single suburb has them. There was 3 I spotted in Edinburgh, its very rare I go to a town and not come across one. They are a northern based (Newcastle) company though. They have quite a few in London though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Really? Its apparantly Europe's biggest bakery, there is 6 of them in Manchester City Centre alone and every single suburb has them. There was 3 I spotted in Edinburgh, its very rare I go to a town and not come across one. They are a northern based (Newcastle) company though. They have quite a few in London though.
    Drats, maybe I should email them and complain, we have lots of overpriced forfars.

ReputationRep:
    You're the first engineer I've met that claims he/she can actually cook! I'll put that down to the fact that you've had four years of learning. What did you do in your first year?
    I've always cooked. I am a wannabe Jamie Oliver. I enjoy cooking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I've always cooked. I am a wannabe Jamie Oliver. I enjoy cooking.
    Impressive I shall rely on a student cookbook, or live on pasta, I adore pasta.

ReputationRep:
    Impressive I shall rely on a student cookbook, or live on pasta, I adore pasta.
    I watch Saturday Morning Kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    I watch Saturday Morning Kitchen.
    Ok ok, I watch UK Food Channel when I'm hungry, which doesn't help.

ReputationRep:
    This is Greggs site.
    http://www.greggs.co.uk/

Dear god I hope they didn't pay any money for this poor excuse of a site.

I should keep away form Gregs a bit really as they are not exactly healthy. I always avoid Burger King as its just too expensive, McDonalds is cheaper but still poor value compared to local chippies.

ReputationRep:
    They only arrived in Poole/B'mouth about 2 years ago...I imagine they're on their way to Brighton.
    Ah as long as they have some in london I'll be happy next year

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.