Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing A2 Edexcel Politics- Unit 6 (Comparative UK & US politics)?

If you are could you please tell me how you are revising this Unit? Since we already know all the topics from previous Units are you just revising the headings of the topics or is there new stuff to learn?

I haven't been able to find any books on comparative stuff and we didn't go through it in class so now I'm a bit stuck. I got a UK politics book out of the Library to remind myself of last years stuff but comparisons between the two systems are hard to make- I mean the UK is a tiny island and America is a huge continent.. it's hard to find similarities.

Does anyone have any notes on this Unit that they would be willing to share? Or can anyone reccommend a website or easily accessible book?

Elle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Is anyone doing A2 Edexcel Politics- Unit 6 (Comparative UK & US politics)?

If you are could you please tell me how you are revising this Unit? Since we already know all the topics from previous Units are you just revising the headings of the topics or is there new stuff to learn?

I haven't been able to find any books on comparative stuff and we didn't go through it in class so now I'm a bit stuck. I got a UK politics book out of the Library to remind myself of last years stuff but comparisons between the two systems are hard to make- I mean the UK is a tiny island and America is a huge continent.. it's hard to find similarities.

Does anyone have any notes on this Unit that they would be willing to share? Or can anyone reccommend a website or easily accessible book?

Elle
    I thought I'd rescue this from the deep but I don't have too many ideas..
    We were taught specifically about the effect of europe on pressure groups ie. They all now target the European Commission, as the EC uses pgs to formulate policy. We learnt about Europe and Parties - for instance the fact that Europe has divided the Conservative party, and was the cause of their fall from power. What else.. oh, also Europe and the constitution/the way Britain is governed - increase in regionalism eg devolution, the social chapter bringing rights into our constitution, the new planned constitution changing our tradition of an uncodified constitution and some other things I can't remember right now. I'll try and find my notes.

I haven't found any decent websites so if you do, let me know! Books wise, there are some good ones, but the ones I have are all from my school library.
    I have been using 'developments in British politics 7' and 'contemporary british politics' both published by palgrave, and 'politics today' by bill jones and dennis kavanagh. The second one is probably the most overall useful, and is worth getting hold of.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.