The Student Room Group

Continuing education after a 20 year gap

Hi there, I graduated with and HND in Biotechnology in 1994 and then a BSc (Hons) in Biotechnology in 1996 but due to ill heath/circumstances I have stayed at home and brought up my children. This last year, I have went back to a local College to do what I thought would be a "refresher" course but I wasn't eligible for funding so I had to pay my tuition fees myself. We did struggle for the last year doing that but after completing the course, I have decided that I do want to get back into Science and would like to have a career in that. I have been accepted to do the follow-up course, HND Biomedical Science and I'm applying to SAAS as we speak. I would really love to be able to get tuition fees this year as I have been told by some that because my degree was from almost 20 years ago, it wouldn't count. Also, the course I am on is very different form my degree, new/different subjects so it's not like I am repeating my degree and expecting funding again. It's a different career path almost, so does anybody know what the chances are of me gaining tuition fees if I was to appeal against SAAS if they turned me down again this year. There were people on my course who got funding and their husband was a self-employed architect!! Thanks ;-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending