What's the difference between film studies and film production?

Watch
Oscar.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I know it may be obvious but I was wondering what the main difference between the two are, thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
KBradders
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Film studies - you study films.

Film production - you produce films, but can also include some academic study of films.
carla412
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm guessing film studies is looking more into genres, actors and what films are about whereas you are learning how to create films and effects in film production.
callum_law
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Both are not overly useful if you want to get into the film business.

You're welcome.
Oscar.
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by callum_law)
Both are not overly useful if you want to get into the film business.

You're welcome.
So what is?

Posted from TSR Mobile
MohamedAliElota
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
How can I get into film business?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MohamedAliElota)
How can I get into film business?
What sort of job do you want to do?
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Film Studies is more about films, watching/analysing/studying them.

Film Production is focussed on producing/making films. However, some are more practical than others, so if you want to do this as a career, you need to look carefully at the courses to make sure you will gain some useful practical experience.

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't realised how old this thread is.
Ina Dungyova
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~)
Film Studies is more about films, watching/analysing/studying them.

Film Production is focussed on producing/making films. However, some are more practical than others, so if you want to do this as a career, you need to look carefully at the courses to make sure you will gain some useful practical experience.

Edit: Sorry, I hadn't realised how old this thread is.
No worries. It was useful
james813
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
One is a.waste of time while the other is a waste of your life.
Kakes Mak'nmoves
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
soooooo... if i write movies and im about to record/direct and put out my own movie. im doing the non disclosure forms for the cast and i dont know if i put films or productions. for example Lionsgate films - why isnt it Lionsgate productions? how do you know if you say film or production?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kakes Mak'nmoves)
soooooo... if i write movies and im about to record/direct and put out my own movie. im doing the non disclosure forms for the cast and i dont know if i put films or productions. for example Lionsgate films - why isnt it Lionsgate productions? how do you know if you say film or production?
That would be a specific company name - see what they call themselves on their website

This thread is asking about the difference between differently titled university degrees.
jiejayjie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Why would you say that?I mean do you suggest that if i wanna get myself into film business i should just get into work without further studies?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jiejayjie)
Why would you say that?I mean do you suggest that if i wanna get myself into film business i should just get into work without further studies?
What sort of job do you want to do?

If you want to get into a role that requires experience with industry standard equipment or a showreel then a good film production degree is worthwhile - and if you don’t know enough about the industry to know what job you want then a good film production degree would give you more opportunities to explore different roles and build your experience. Not all film production courses will have industry standard kit or links to industry. There’s also different routes in to some film roles.
jiejayjie
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Ohh i see. Thank you, that helps a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
61.83%
I don't have everything I need (92)
38.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed