The Student Room Group
meawinner
Is anyone doing the OCR AS geography Spec A? Coz I am and am finding it the hardest subject to revise for as theres so much to learn. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there.

i did OCR AS geog spec B last year.. yes there's loads to learn! i ended up writing hundreds of pages of notes and revision cards with the case studies on to revise
Reply 2
I'm doing OCR, not sure if its Spec A.

In the Synpotic paper, my school does

"urban environment" and "natural hazards"

Dont know if that is any help?

You can do all about the EU and something else as the 4th option.
Reply 3
That sounds like spec A as were doing that next year. How did u do in the AS year? How did u revise all of it coz i cant seem to get my head around the physical module. It seems that this subject has double what my other subjects do and its taking over my revision time.
Reply 4
meawinner
That sounds like spec A as were doing that next year. How did u do in the AS year? How did u revise all of it coz i cant seem to get my head around the physical module. It seems that this subject has double what my other subjects do and its taking over my revision time.

Yep, i got a B first time round 8 marks off an A. i'm retaking the physical - i got 84/120..my worst mark of any paper.... i got 77/90 on my first A2 paper so im about 2 marks below an A overall now

i agree there is loads to revise - i broke it down into topics and case studies... i reckon it will take 3 full days to revise for. There is a hell of a lot of info to revise for the AS, come the A2 you find the work load will drop. (IMO)
Reply 5
meawinner
Is anyone doing the OCR AS geography Spec A? Coz I am and am finding it the hardest subject to revise for as theres so much to learn. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there.

no!! geog is piss easy!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

dont worry - its not as hard as you think it is.... :tongue:
Reply 6
meawinner

i got a C in the physical module last year, because i couldn't get my head round it in time, but i got an A when i retook it this year. i found choosing a case study for each topic (rivers, atmosphere, etc) and working out from that was a good way of revising - going why what how when who consequences. then you have four case studies (maybe more if theres more for each one) that cover the topics.
Reply 7
chud
Yep, i got a B first time round 8 marks off an A. i'm retaking the physical - i got 84/120..my worst mark of any paper.... i got 77/90 on my first A2 paper so im about 2 marks below an A overall now

i agree there is loads to revise - i broke it down into topics and case studies... i reckon it will take 3 full days to revise for. There is a hell of a lot of info to revise for the AS, come the A2 you find the work load will drop. (IMO)

i'm not sure what spec we're doing - for synoptic modules we're doing agriculture and hazards, for the other paper coasts and the EU. i find the EU module hardest because there's so much to learn. i'm a bit stuck on coasts at teh moment-just been looking at hte syllabus and there seems to be a lot of topics i don't remember!
i got 82/90 and 84/90 for the human and physical modules in AS.. I learnt the case studies by writing them out over and over and getting other people to test me on them.. it did take a while, but you can only pick up the higher marks in the exam if you keep going back to case studies. as you revise physical/human theories or processes, learn a case study for each one, even if its just small. once you start to revise everything, youll find that everything links in and that makes everythng easier to remember.. for example a lot of case studies i learnt about sand dunes and coastal processes linked into one another, making it easier to remember..

Latest

Trending

Trending