The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Why is Holocaust denial illegal?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
No its a doll. It's only people that made it rasist like the idiot Hitler who took a perfectly innocent symbol and made it the sign hated by so many today. Still today there is so much hatred towards Jews etc and it will never stop. So in my opinion it should be against the law to deny what happend and that includes sins like the swastika
"If you want to find out who rules you, find out who you cannot criticise" - Voltaire.
Original post by Decoded Reality
"If you want to find out who rules you, find out who you cannot criticise" - Voltaire.

Powerful quote.
Decoded Reality

Original post by Chaz254
Powerful quote.

Pahahahaha you silly n00bz, Voltaire never said anything of the sort.

Do you want to know who actually said that? Do you? DO YOU?!?!

Yes?

Okay then, I'll tell you. Kevin Alfred Storm. White Supremacist and CONVICTED KIDDYFIDDLER!

Awkwaaaarrrrrdddddddd!...
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 64
Naturally, it's because we Westerners must learn to appease our zionist overlords like good little puppets.
Reply 65
You can't be for free speech and be in favour of holocaust denial being illegal

it's just stupid, just lmao at people that think it should be.
I think it should be legal, would in fact help us expose far right people.
Original post by Yaboi
You can't be for free speech and be in favour of holocaust denial being illegal

it's just stupid, just lmao at people that think it should be.

Free speech doesn't not and should not exist.
Reply 68
Original post by jambojim97
Pahahahaha you silly n00bz, Voltaire never said anything of the sort.

Do you want to know who actually said that? Do you? DO YOU?!?!

Yes?

Okay then, I'll tell you. Kevin Alfred Storm. White Supremacist and CONVICTED KIDDYFIDDLER!

Awkwaaaarrrrrdddddddd!...

Still a hell ofa quote though...
But where is the dutiful recitation of the statistics on the Bolshevik Revolution of 1917?Mao Zedong slaughtered 15,000,000. How many movies are made about communist China and that slaughtering? The amount of novels, Memoirs, documentaries, and movies about the Holocaust exceeds quantification!!
American schools teach longer sessions about the history of the Holocaust than they do about our own history of slaves. Why?
This is a critical thinking question that's asked.... Why is it rational to make it illegal to question history?
Why are we taught about the 8 million Jews (it was not all Jews, btw) in the Holocaust yet know nothing of the 20 million that were killed only years earlier by the Bolsheviks?
The general public knows absolutely nothing about it! Moa Za....who??
The Communist Bolshevik party was primarily composed of Jews....Is that why? It is mind-boggling history. It's an excellent question: how can people be imprisoned for simply questioning or even doubting anyting??
Original post by Zargabaath
...Now before anyone starts, no this isn't me being a tinfoil hat nutjob, I'm just curious as to why being sceptical of the Holocaust is illegal.

Not illegal in the UK but for Europe in particular, where the threat of neo-Nazism and far-right politics is very real, the denial of the holocaust, which for many amounts to an outrageous lying about mass murder in the past, is seen as a cynical tool to attack Jews and other vulnerable groups. If you take away the historical basis for a group's need to be protected then you can open them up to your attacks. For lots of young people in places like the UK today, things like war and persecution are the subject of memes and video games, they've never lived it and never expect to, hence the indifference or cynicism.
Reply 71
Original post by katrina foster
but In fact, according to Official International Red Cross records, the death toll of those who died in the camps was 271,301.

Quite, Katrina. And this is only one of the many facts that disprove the traditional 'holocaust' allegations. To my mind, the clinching fact is that there is not a shred of forensic evidence of homicidal gas chambers in Third Reich concentration camps, but there is ample forensic evidence that there were none.Nor is there forensic evidence of any other sort of mass-murder instruments.

Does it not beggar belief that mass murder on a stunning scale happened in those camps, put no-one thought of collecting forensic evidence of it?

Countries like Germany will not even allow truth as a defence against the charge of holocaust denial. Instead, they jail even very old people who cannot stand that country's crude silencing of truth seekers, and speak out to overturn the silliness of the holocaust myth. After all, why are any of us asked to believe lies?

The clamour in the world about the crude injustice of holocaust-denial laws is now very loud. We have had enough. Those who condemn us do not even know of the extensive scholarly research that has debunked the holocaust myth. They should all read the excellent work of Gerard Menuhin, Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil.

People 'deny the holocaust' because they respect free speech and truth.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Turul
Quite, Katrina. And this is only one of the many facts that disprove the traditional 'holocaust' allegations. To my mind, the clinching fact is that there is not a shred of forensic evidence of homicidal gas chambers in Third Reich concentration camps, but there is ample forensic evidence that there were none.Nor is there forensic evidence of any other sort of mass-murder instruments.

Does it not beggar belief that mass murder on a stunning scale happened in those camps, put no-one thought of collecting forensic evidence of it?

Countries like Germany will not even allow truth as a defence against the charge of holocaust denial. Instead, they jail even very old people who cannot stand that country's crude silencing of truth seekers, and speak out to overturn the silliness of the holocaust myth. After all, why are any of us asked to believe lies?

The clamour in the world about the crude injustice of holocaust-denial laws is now very loud. We have had enough. Those who condemn us do not even know of the extensive scholarly research that has debunked the holocaust myth. They should all read the excellent work of Gerard Menuhin, Tell the Truth and Shame the Devil.

your misleading statements have all been carefully rebutted many times before.

http://motlc.wiesenthal.com/site/pp.asp?c=gvKVLcMVIuG&b=394667
Reply 73
Original post by MartinF98
I think it should be legal, would in fact help us expose far right people.

Expose? hehehe. You know, it is not illegal to be 'far right'. And we happily declare ourselves as such.
Reply 74
Original post by the bear
your misleading statements have all been carefully rebutted many times before.

http://motlc.wiesenthal.com/site/pp.asp?c=gvKVLcMVIuG&b=394667

Interesting link: one to a Slavic language, and another in a Germanic one. But have you noticed that there is also a Stormfront debunking of them?

Don't be sneaky. If you think my statements misleading, have the decency to point out where.
Original post by Turul
Interesting link: one to a Slavic language, and another in a Germanic one. But have you noticed that there is also a Stormfront debunking of them?

Don't be sneaky. If you think my statements misleading, have the decency to point out where.

Clearly you are a holocaust denier; all of your statements are dripping with vicious falsehood.

have a nice day :h:
Original post by Turul

Are you serious? No one collected forensic evidence, do bare in mind this is at time when people don’t even know what DNA is, what sort of forensics would you like them to take?

What possible reason would Germany have for wanting the world to think it did in fact kill millions of people?

You say that truth isn’t an available defence but you’ll need to elaborate, where in German law is that stated?

I agree that Holocaust denial should be allowed, we should allow people to hold whatever silly beliefs they like but I find it astonishing that people who deny the Holocaust think their idea should be taken seriously.
Well jews were probably massacred but I highly doubt it has happened out of the blue and that some higher ranking jews did not profit from it.

I mean c'mon since when killing people was that atrocious act? Not to mention holocaust basically allowed jews to create Israel. I do think that a lot of things, happened prior WWI, WWII and after it were orchestrated by strong power play. (not to mention that historically England make continental countries fight each other)
Reply 78
it shouldn't be illegal. to deny the Holocaust all together is pretty ridiculous imo but is also ridiculous to be a flat earther imo and that's legal. but I wouldn't be surprised if the number of Jews killed has been exaggerated.
Nope. The Red Cross didn't ever issue figures for the number killed during the Holocaust. Dig a bit deeper....

Latest

Trending

Trending