The Student Room Group

Anyone going Greenwich 2015?

Anyone going Greenwich in 2015?

It would be nice to try and get to know a few people before I actually start uni. I won't be living at uni so probably won't attend freshers week...😕

Regardless, it would be nice to start talking to different people this summer😊

I'm hoping to study Sociology there, I really hope I do get in because I think Greenwich is absolutely beautiful and the people are lovely there.

Feel free to say hi anytime😊 hope to meet new people...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by Ramna
Anyone going Greenwich in 2015?

It would be nice to try and get to know a few people before I actually start uni. I won't be living at uni so probably won't attend freshers week...😕

Regardless, it would be nice to start talking to different people this summer😊

I'm hoping to study Sociology there, I really hope I do get in because I think Greenwich is absolutely beautiful and the people are lovely there.

Feel free to say hi anytime😊 hope to meet new people...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Greenwich is my insurance actually :smile: I'm not living there, living at home instead. Then again it's quite far from where I live. Hoping to study Sociology and Psychology over there :smile:

Freshers week is full of partying and clubs lmao

The university is really beautiful! If I do go there, I'm gonna end up taking 10000 photos of the campus ! xD

Did you do sociology as an a level? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Yeah, I did sociology as an A level, I took it to fill up a space for my options because I didn't really care if I'm honest. But now I absolutely love it, I've met some amazing people through my lessons and I love these girls now, they're like sisters. We did a secret summer Santa thing today actually - the girl loved my present, I was so glad!

I put Greenwich to fill up a space as well if I'm honest. When I actually visited, I fell in love, I felt like I belonged there. There people are lovely there rather than other universities I've been to who give me a bad vibe.

Anyway, what a levels did you do? And what other uni have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Ramna
Yeah, I did sociology as an A level, I took it to fill up a space for my options because I didn't really care if I'm honest. But now I absolutely love it, I've met some amazing people through my lessons and I love these girls now, they're like sisters. We did a secret summer Santa thing today actually - the girl loved my present, I was so glad!

I put Greenwich to fill up a space as well if I'm honest. When I actually visited, I fell in love, I felt like I belonged there. There people are lovely there rather than other universities I've been to who give me a bad vibe.

Anyway, what a levels did you do? And what other uni have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't had the chance to go there actually.

I did Sociologiy, Psychology and English Lit. :smile:

I applied to Kingston, Greenwich, Westminister, Middlesex and City. Wbu? :smile:

You moving out?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by itshuda
I haven't had the chance to go there actually.

I did Sociologiy, Psychology and English Lit. :smile:

I applied to Kingston, Greenwich, Westminister, Middlesex and City. Wbu? :smile:

You moving out?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry my way of replying is a bit weird, I'm still trying to get my head around how it works.

So we did the same A levels, how did you find the exams?

I applied to Kings, Queen Mary, Brunel, Greenwich and Westminster. Everyone found it so weird that I picked Greenwich and Westminster because they're my 'worst' uni choices. But I didn't like the other three even though they're meant to be good, I got a weird vibe from them. They felt really snobbish and I felt uncomfortable throughout the day. Whereas the days at Greenwich were really enjoyable and relaxed.

No, I'm not moving out, my parents are quiet strict, Asian family, so I wasn't allowed to go out of London. Hopefully they'll be nicer for university and let me go out more than they do now.

You have to visit Greenwich is so nice and they view is amazing. I've been there 2/3 times, the Old Royal Naval is the best, it's amazing. It's the main reason I picked Greenwich, I feel like if I love the place, I'll be motivated to go there and work hard. Though the lecture room I went in wasn't the best, but the rest of the campus is amazing. I'm in love with it. You have to visit it, it really is worth it. The weather has been amazing in London recently so it would be a nice day out. Do you live in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Ramna
Sorry my way of replying is a bit weird, I'm still trying to get my head around how it works.

So we did the same A levels, how did you find the exams?

I applied to Kings, Queen Mary, Brunel, Greenwich and Westminster. Everyone found it so weird that I picked Greenwich and Westminster because they're my 'worst' uni choices. But I didn't like the other three even though they're meant to be good, I got a weird vibe from them. They felt really snobbish and I felt uncomfortable throughout the day. Whereas the days at Greenwich were really enjoyable and relaxed.

No, I'm not moving out, my parents are quiet strict, Asian family, so I wasn't allowed to go out of London. Hopefully they'll be nicer for university and let me go out more than they do now.

You have to visit Greenwich is so nice and they view is amazing. I've been there 2/3 times, the Old Royal Naval is the best, it's amazing. It's the main reason I picked Greenwich, I feel like if I love the place, I'll be motivated to go there and work hard. Though the lecture room I went in wasn't the best, but the rest of the campus is amazing. I'm in love with it. You have to visit it, it really is worth it. The weather has been amazing in London recently so it would be a nice day out. Do you live in London?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright :smile:

And yes I do live in London. I'm not moving out either (Somali parents) and I'm sure they'll let you have a little more freedom. :smile:

Yeah I didn't like City either they seemed so up themselves tbh.
Kingston for me was very comfortable and I felt like I was at home, the people there are really lovely too. :smile:

The exams were okay I guess. Weren't too bad. I just hope I get into university. 🙏🏽🙏🏽 wbu? How did you find the exams overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by itshuda
It's alright :smile:

And yes I do live in London. I'm not moving out either (Somali parents) and I'm sure they'll let you have a little more freedom. :smile:

Yeah I didn't like City either they seemed so up themselves tbh.
Kingston for me was very comfortable and I felt like I was at home, the people there are really lovely too. :smile:

The exams were okay I guess. Weren't too bad. I just hope I get into university. 🙏🏽🙏🏽 wbu? How did you find the exams overall?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Muslim parents then I'm guessing, same with me. Just got back from mosque😩

My exams weren't too great if I'm honest. I was ill throughout, I felt so bad and kept apologising for sniffing during the exam 😅 my mind did not work for my religion exam for sociology. I vomited and cried a little just before one of the exams, I'm a wimp, I know. On top of that, I had a nose bleed during the exam, so it was so much fun dealing with that 😅 English could have gone better and psychology was as expected. I'm hoping my grades from last year might balance out with these grades and be enough to get into Greenwich.

So is City your other choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Ramna
Muslim parents then I'm guessing, same with me. Just got back from mosque😩

My exams weren't too great if I'm honest. I was ill throughout, I felt so bad and kept apologising for sniffing during the exam 😅 my mind did not work for my religion exam for sociology. I vomited and cried a little just before one of the exams, I'm a wimp, I know. On top of that, I had a nose bleed during the exam, so it was so much fun dealing with that 😅 English could have gone better and psychology was as expected. I'm hoping my grades from last year might balance out with these grades and be enough to get into Greenwich.

So is City your other choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw! :frown:

I'm sure you're exams went well, you shouldn't doubt yourself! Yeah I'm hoping the same too tbh. Had to do a few retakes as well as my A2s which was extra work but yeah.

Kingston is my firm :smile: I didn't like city so I declined them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by itshuda
Aw! :frown:

I'm sure you're exams went well, you shouldn't doubt yourself! Yeah I'm hoping the same too tbh. Had to do a few retakes as well as my A2s which was extra work but yeah.

Kingston is my firm :smile: I didn't like city so I declined them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Finally, someone who understands me. I didn't like City at all and I declined them but everyone I know had a problem with that apparently. I just looked back and realised you've said that already, sorry. I got you confused with someone else. As an answer to your other question, Westminster was my insurance, these were the only two universities where I felt comfortable. I didn't like City so I didn't put them as a choice.

What's the entry requirements for Kingston?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Ramna
Finally, someone who understands me. I didn't like City at all and I declined them but everyone I know had a problem with that apparently. I just looked back and realised you've said that already, sorry. I got you confused with someone else. As an answer to your other question, Westminster was my insurance, these were the only two universities where I felt comfortable. I didn't like City so I didn't put them as a choice.

What's the entry requirements for Kingston?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's okay :smile:

Kingston want AAB/ABB I could maybe get in with BBB if I'm lucky. What about Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by itshuda
It's okay :smile:

Kingston want AAB/ABB I could maybe get in with BBB if I'm lucky. What about Greenwich?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Greenwich is only ABC so I should be fine with my exams going terrible this year - even if my grades drop a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Ramna
Greenwich is only ABC so I should be fine with my exams going terrible this year - even if my grades drop a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not too bad at all :smile: hopefully you'll get in :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest