The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Was "thrown out" of uni, can I reapply?

Hi!

I passed 1st year quite well in Biomedical Engineering, but during my second year an awful lot was happening, I couldn't attend and therefore didn't pass any exams (I didn't sit them) or any of my modules. Given that I have been given a higher level learning certificate, I was just wondering if I can reapply for that course?

I basically don't know what to do. I was given a letter saying that I cannot apply for the next academic year (I'm not sure if that meant 3rd year or 2015/2016 or ever).

Basically what I would like to know is, would I be able to reapply say through UCAS in 2016/2017 academic year and be accepted? And if so would I be able to go straight into the second year instead of starting at year one again?

Thanks!!! :smile:
Reply 1
I imagine so. When I was at uni loads of guys joined straight into third year because they had equivalent learning from college - you don't have equivalent learning, you have the exact learning you need, so you probably could go straight into second year. Also, I imagine you could reapply for uni, I'm not sure how UCAS works, like if it's only for school leavers (which you've already left?) or if you would have to apply for the uni manually yourself.

Your best bet is to phone the university and ask to speak to an admissions person, or phone UCAS and ask them :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest