Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's the funniest comment someone has given for giving you Rep? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iluvatar)
    But when it is spoken (and read as well as it happens) it is 'alot', not 'a lot'.
    And are you sure its a noun?
    I thought, as it describes a noun, its an adjective?
    Or maybe i'm wrong?
    I looked it up in the dictionary

ReputationRep:
    But when it is spoken (and read as well as it happens) it is 'alot', not 'a lot'.
    And are you sure its a noun?
    I thought, as it describes a noun, its an adjective?
    Or maybe i'm wrong?
    Should "acat" be a word too then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    I looked it up in the dictionary
    Lot on its own is a noun, but i would argue that alot (and therefore 'a lot') was an adjective, because an adjective is something that describes a noun (at least, that was what some stupid poem i did at infants said).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calumc)
    Should "acat" be a word too then?
    No, because a cat is a noun, while alot (a lot, whatever) is an adjective where i write it as alot, rather than "a lot", which could be as in a (car) lot.

ReputationRep:
    Lot on its own is a noun, but i would argue that alot (and therefore 'a lot') was an adjective, because an adjective is something that describes a noun (at least, that was what some stupid poem i did at infants said).
    Hmm. I'd say it's a collective noun. The dictionary seemingly agrees, however I think it's clear now that you don't really care what it says in the dictionary, so you might as well call it an adjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zapsta)
    Hmm. I'd say it's a collective noun. The dictionary seemingly agrees, however I think it's clear now that you don't really care what it says in the dictionary, so you might as well call it an adjective.
    Oh, one of those.
    Yeah, that'd make sense. I forgot about collective nouns to be honest.
    But no, i don't care too much what the dictionary says, but i don't either try to intentionally go against it either.

ReputationRep:
    isn't this off topic? :rolleyes:

Oh look a giraffe *points*

ReputationRep:
    i believe all this spelling business boils down to a thing i like to call...

stubbornositty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    isn't this off topic? :rolleyes:

Oh look a giraffe *points*
    Indeed it is, but it seems that alot of threads go off topic when people decide its better to make an issue about me doing things my own way where there isn't one.

Anyway, got to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Yes I did, and simply the c word from one of DazYa's accounts. Although I believe corey has the most amusing rep comment ever, if he's prepared to divulge it (haven't read the whole thread yet).
    Corey's from Mr White is very funny
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sparkler)
    i believe all this spelling business boils down to a thing i like to call...

stubbornositty

hehehehe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Corey's from Mr White is very funny
    which was?
    Corey does ask for some of it tho with some of the comments he makes
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Confession time

http://www.uk-learning.net/showthrea...6898#post76898

That was me...I think I might also have been the person who accused Vienna of smelling of poo on the next page.

I have no excuses - I was a newbie at the time...

ReputationRep:
    i have no rep so no funny comments

ReputationRep:
    I have positive rep signed 'don...hehe'. Maybe that don isn't such a bad guy afterall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chicken)
    I have positive rep signed 'don...hehe'. Maybe that don isn't such a bad guy afterall.

Do I detect a new craze? Everyone will start signing rep 'don' now lol.

ReputationRep:
    the funniest comment that someone has given for giving me 'negative' rep was for not agreeing to my arguments. cuz theyve lost and cant do anything about it so that was the last thing they did to satisfy themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z!D4N)
    the funniest comment that someone has given for giving me 'negative' rep was for not agreeing to my arguments. cuz theyve lost and cant do anything about it so that was the last thing they did to satisfy themselves.
    lol, of course no one would ever negative rep you if you were wrong now would they?
    or because you called them a retard?
    or because you managed to piss off half the academic forum?
    no of course not.

ReputationRep:
    My first rep was a couple of days after I joined: "Where can you see lions.... only in kenya...."

ReputationRep:
    my weirdest rep comment was something saying 'Porridge is Fun'

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.