The Student Room Group

Can anyone help with excel?

I am struggling to find a formula or function which can help me filter out some of the data i have on excel, for my dissertation. I want to be able to delete a whole row based on the cell value for example i have some behavioural data and need to delete the 'no-response' answers which are '0' as well as filtering out reaction times which are less then 200 and more than 1000ms. I was just hoping if there is shortcut, without having to look through the whole data set, which could lead to errors.

Sorry i would appreciate any help!!
Original post by Retroandbeyond
I am struggling to find a formula or function which can help me filter out some of the data i have on excel, for my dissertation. I want to be able to delete a whole row based on the cell value for example i have some behavioural data and need to delete the 'no-response' answers which are '0' as well as filtering out reaction times which are less then 200 and more than 1000ms. I was just hoping if there is shortcut, without having to look through the whole data set, which could lead to errors.

Sorry i would appreciate any help!!

Try to look for tutorials of VBA (a scripting language) on the net.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Try to look for tutorials of VBA (a scripting language) on the net.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks i did the IF function instead - which worked, however wasnt sure how to use the IF formula when if the certain cell value is less than 250 and more than 1000 then '0' otherwise keep the cell value as it is in the new colomn.
Reply 3
Original post by Retroandbeyond
Thanks i did the IF function instead - which worked, however wasnt sure how to use the IF formula when if the certain cell value is less than 250 and more than 1000 then '0' otherwise keep the cell value as it is in the new colomn.

Do you actually want to delete data, or do you just want to hide it from view when you (or someone else) look at it?

Have you looked at Excel's AutoFilter facility on the Data tab of the Ribbon? This is extremely flexible and lets you set up all sorts of conditions for filtering out rows.
oh **** I took this CIS course too. always came like 10 mins before class was up. still passed, dunno how. answered like 5 questions on the final. like wth. oh well :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending