The Student Room Group

Best universities for UG Law?

Can anyone recommend the best uni's in UK/NI for undergrad law?

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by laurenlthompson

Thanks
I'd suggest you take a look at The Complete University Guide and Unistats. Between the two sites, you should be able to find out which unis match your grade expectations in terms of entry requirements, and also find a whole load of other statistics around student satisfaction, employment prospects, and the like. League tables have some value, but should not be taken too seriously - there are of course plenty others but some aren't publicly available without subscriptions.
The only significant gap seems to be for Cambridge.

Oxford/Durham/LSE/UCL (small margin between)

Thanks

Definitely Oxford and Cambridge. Runner-ups that come to mind are UCL, KCL, Durham, and LSE. Other noteworthy ones that I could think of are Bristol, Birmingham, Nottingham, Warwick, QMUL, and Exeter. There are obviously other good schools, but these are the ones that came up from the top of my head.
(edited 8 years ago)
What do you all think of Queens Belfast?
What do you all think of Queens Belfast?

Don't know much about it but wouldn't study there unless I wanted to practise in NI.

Imho tier 1 is Oxbridge, tier 2 is UCL, KCL, LSE, Durham

Honourable mentions would include Nottingham, Bristol, Warwick, maybe Manchester.

Don't bother with league tables. They're helpful if what you want is subjective student satisfaction numbers but for little else.
Reply 6
Newcastle and Northumbria are both also really good

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending