The Student Room Group

How does Clearing work?

:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Flowerfobia
Hi guys, new to this. Can anyone please tell me how clearing works? I applied for a course I don't want to do I don't have any offers either.. So if results day I go to school and call Middlesex university and say hello I have no offers is there any chance I can do computer science in this university. Like what happens next will I know the same minute if I'm accepted. I beg you anyone reply. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you have no offers then you will automatically be in clearing on results day, you can also apply to a different uni atm via UCAS Extra
Reply 2
So tired😴
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Flowerfobia
The only problem is my personal statement is for a course I don't want to do, totally disappointing :frown:. Thanks for replying. So if I even go do the ucas extra it will be useless as I can't change my personal statement

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you prepare a brief PS for the subject you want to study then most universities will be willing to accept this directly for Extra (and it means you can offer to send it if you end up applying through Clearing later)
I don't know a great deal about this as I don't know much about Clearing... as far as I know, on results day, when the universities find out how many places they've filled, how many new students they're taking on etc, UCAS will list all the courses and universities that will consider applicants through clearing. Some courses won't be taking on new students at all because they'll be full.

I'm not sure whether you need to sign up to Clearing though, or how you go about contacting the Uni, sorry :/

Have a look at this: https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/results/no-offers-use-clearing
It might give you a better idea, and help you decide whether to apply now or wait until the day :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending