The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

New Masters Student, leaving home for first time. Accom?

Hello, I'm about to leave home for the first time after studying my BSc in the city where I grew up.
I was just wondering for those who live, or have lived in Birmingham, where are some good areas around the University of Birmingham campus to look for a flat? And whether there are any areas I should look to avoid?
have you thought of living in accommodation with other students / house sharing? i think most non-first year students live in Selly Oak, very close to the university. (allmost everyone there is a student so its not the nicest place) but living with fellow students is fun. i was a student at UoB, just got some very unpleasant results :frown: , and am trying to find someone to take my place in student house. (vested interest revealed :wink: ).
what are you studying?
best of luck to you.
alex
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
Original post by alexUOBchandler
have you thought of living in accommodation with other students / house sharing? i think most non-first year students live in Selly Oak, very close to the university. (allmost everyone there is a student so its not the nicest place) but living with fellow students is fun. i was a student at UoB, just got some very unpleasant results :frown: , and am trying to find someone to take my place in student house. (vested interest revealed :wink: ).
what are you studying?
best of luck to you.
alex

I may be moving down with a friend from here, so house sharing is perhaps not necessary. But thanks, I was looking around at areas such as Selly Oak, Edgbaston and Harborne I think? So good to know I got one right!

I'm about to study Micropaleontology, which hopefully will be alright. Thanks a lot, you too.

Quick Reply

Latest