The Student Room Group

Medicine without chemistry at A level? Help?

Is this possible? I got an A* in chemistry GCSE but i did pe, biology maths and physics at As and now doing biology physics maths at A level. Is there any unis that will take me on now or for the foundation year? Thanks in advance.At As im targeted all A's
Reply 1
Original post by liverpool2044
Is this possible? I got an A* in chemistry GCSE but i did pe, biology maths and physics at As and now doing biology physics maths at A level. Is there any unis that will take me on now or for the foundation year? Thanks in advance.At As im targeted all A's
You'll have to check it yourself, but as far as I know there aren't any medical schools that will take you without Chemistry - and even if theoretically there was one that might, you would be at considerable disadvantage relative to applicants who are offering Chemistry. I don't know whether you would qualify for a foundation programme, but the eligibility criteria are posted on the course websites. If you check out UCAS Course Search that should lead you to the information you need.

Once you have identified any possibilities, it would be sensible to talk to them direct in order to get specific advice in your situation.
Im afraid direct entry to a medicine program is not possible without chem and biology to A2, physics and maths you can drop..
Reply 3

You can apply to UEA without A2 Chemistry. If you could take an AS in Chemistry alongside your A2s there is a number of places you could apply to with that. You wouldn't be eligible to apply for a foundation year course,

Take a look at this....
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15863-medical-school-a-level-requirement
Reply 4

UEA.....

https://www.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine#requirements

Why don't you do Chemistry A level at night school during your A2 year?

that's what I did - I studied Biology at Bath College on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. I got my AS in Jan and completed the A2 in June.

It was hard work juggling it all - college, sixth form, driving lesson, part time job, work experience and love life - but sooooo glad I did!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending