The Student Room Group

Jobs - Any degree with a 2:1

Hello, I wanted to ask,

What are jobs/graduate schemes that you just need a 2:1 or above in "any" degree but not specifically related to a subject?

Thanks -
Original post by helpmekid
Hello, I wanted to ask,

What are jobs/graduate schemes that you just need a 2:1 or above in "any" degree but not specifically related to a subject?

Thanks -

Chartered Accountant, Lawyer, some IT employers don't like people with IT degrees (they are harder to retrain).
Reply 2
Original post by Hopefulbunny
Chartered Accountant, Lawyer, some IT employers don't like people with IT degrees (they are harder to retrain).

Lawyer? Accountant? Most ask for the specific degree for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by moyles
Lawyer? Accountant? Most ask for the specific degree for them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whilst it obviously helps, a specific degree isn't essential for most law/accounting grad schemes. Some accounting roles may say they prefer maths/accounting/business degrees (same goes for law degrees for law positions) but it isn't a necessity.
Original post by helpmekid
Hello, I wanted to ask,

Thanks -

If you look at the guardian top 300 employers, most won't specify a degree for their schemes. Barring the obvious Engineering, Research and Development and Actuarial schemes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
First I heard that you can get a law grad job without a law degree? Who has examples??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Well yes, so your not exactly leaving university to go into these jobs, further study is required.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Retail management, Civil Service, recruitment companies, charities etc.

The very top ones want a certain amount of UCAS points, a top 10/20 uni name and a bunch of experience plus a 2.1. Others aren't so picky (e.g Aldi).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending