The Student Room Group

What is Sociology like at university?

I am hoping to study Sociology at Canterbury Christ Church university this September. I studied Psychology, Philosophy and English lang/lit at A level, and I'm kinda nervous about studying Sociology as I didn't study it at A level (although there are slight overlaps in both psych. and phil.) so I was just wondering if anyone who studies sociology at uni could tell me how they're finding it/whether they're enjoying it or not?
Reply 1
Original post by kyomimullings
I am hoping to study Sociology at Canterbury Christ Church university this September. I studied Psychology, Philosophy and English lang/lit at A level, and I'm kinda nervous about studying Sociology as I didn't study it at A level (although there are slight overlaps in both psych. and phil.) so I was just wondering if anyone who studies sociology at uni could tell me how they're finding it/whether they're enjoying it or not?
Many people who study sociology at university haven't studied it before, so you are not unusual in that respect. The things you have studied will certainly be relevant one way or another :smile:
Reply 2
I've just finished doing first year - I did Sociology for A level and Psychology as well. Not all of my coursemates had studied Sociology before going to uni. At the start of the course, the lecturers will go into the different theories and methods of sociological research so that everyone is at the same level, so don't worry if you haven't studied it before :smile: good luck! xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending