M334 - Motion on the Mediterranean Crisis Watch

This discussion is closed.
Birchington
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
M334 - Motion on the Mediterranean Crisis, The Hon. Nigel Farage MEPOver the last few weeks the Royal Navy has been reduced to a taxpayer-funded ferry service to bring an unlimited number of economic migrants from North Africa to Europe. Since January this year, 77,000 migrants have had their journey hasted by various European forces, and the British government predicts another 500,000 migrants are waiting to board small boats in North Africa to make the crossing.

This house calls on the government to order the Royal Navy to return all rescued migrants to North Africa, seize, and later sink the boats of the migrants attempting to illegally enter Europe.

In addition to ending the free ferry service the United Kingdom is providing, this house recognises the concerns raised by the USA over the United Kingdom's defence spending, and their need to rely on France to fulfill military roles in Europe, and call on the government to pass reassurances that 2% of GDP will be given to the Ministry of Defence as a budget.
Tahret
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye to all parts. Sinking the boats will harm the people traffickers, and lead to fewer incidents.

The more of these migrants we let on shore, the more will come, and the more will be in danger. Simple as that. Whether it seems harsh or not, we have to deal with this problem with a blunt instrument.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay!!!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why should we be solely responsible for helping the US military in Europe? What is wrong with them relying on France?

My party's plans for defence spending were set out very clearly in the election manifesto.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye.
JoeL1994
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Abstain.
Tahret
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Why should we be solely responsible for helping the US military in Europe? What is wrong with them relying on France?

My party's plans for defence spending were set out very clearly in the election manifesto.
And we disagree with them. Take out the 0.5% of foreign aid bribes to Ugandan dictators and their ilk, and invest that in new jobs and better weaponry or our underfunded army.

A good question - would we be able to protect the Falklands today?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye

As for the defence spending, wait a week or three and stop jumping the gun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
thehistorybore
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are we not just adding to the ferry service by bringing them back to Africa?
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by thehistorybore)
Are we not just adding to the ferry service by bringing them back to Africa?
We're preventing it!
Every person we ferry over here is 5 more who try knotting if they're picked up by us they achieve their goal. If we send then back they know that they have three options:
They make it in **** conditions
They make it part way in **** conditions and get sent back
They die

The easiest way to stop them trying I'd to make them fail. If their odds of success are low they don't try, if they are high, as they are, more and more try by the day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unown Uzer
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye! The Navy is supposed to be defending our country, not acting as a ferry operator.
Wellzi
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay we're basically just throwing thousands of refugees back into a war zone.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay, I won't post what I think of the depravity involved in such an idea & those who support it, sufficed to say you make me ashamed & disgusted to be part of the same species as you.
Jean-Luc Picard
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
these are HUMAN BEINGS.

you people are advocating MASS MURDER.

I am done with even trying to talk to you people.
jenhasdreams
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay. They are not economic migrants, they are refugees.
DaveSmith99
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Nay, nay, nay. A million nays.
It's a Shame
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
As others have said, THEY ARE REFUGEES. They are fleeing because they are in grave danger! What you are advocating will most likely kill them.

If the UK cannot cope with the influx of refugees, then we can negotiate with other countries, and we can distribute the number of refugees evenly.

You're simply the BNP in suits.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Aye!

Furthermore, I offer to send the local commies on a one-way trip to Africa and Middle East so that they can help their beloved ‘refugees’ using their own energy and resources.

There are multiple other options, yet they choose to cross the whole Europe and invade the UK. Interesting…
miser
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Murder is not a proportional response to people attempting to cross a border. We're not China. We're a country that places value on human life - we're supposed to be a role model to developing nations. You guys would make a mockery of our country and have us looked down upon in shame by the international community.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.87%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27%
Not great so far... (283)
35.87%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.26%

Watched Threads