KishenS
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I need to make my desicion and Accounting looks like a good subject!
let me tell you a bit about myself:
I hate maths, such as algebra, quadratics and so on, but I do like finance.

Be honest! Is it very hard?
Is it enjoyable?
Is it boring?
mariarose_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I currently do accounting, it isn't hard but i find it slightly complicated as there is so much to learn. Accounting is basic maths so you wont be doing algebra or anything like that,and you are aloud to use a calculator.
I have mixed feelings about accounting because at times it is enjoyable but as a whole it is quite boring as it gets repetitive & the most off-putting thing is how high the grade boundaries are! so it's hard to get high marks (if doing AQA) Also, if you want to study Accounting & finance at university, some universities do not accept it as they consider it a "soft" subject.
If you want to have a career in finance and are interested in it then i would say that you take it at AS but then drop it at A2.
Hope this helps!
SotonianOne
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Benefit of Accounting is that not many people do it, so it is competitive and it looks really nice on grade lists. On the other hand, because of this grade boundaries are abnormally high and pass rates are one of the worst.

If you are a person who likes routine, accounting is very good as it is constant practice, but there are tonnes of formulas and laws to remember off by heart so it can be off-putting if you have bad memory. Accounting is basically maths plus logic plus memory. Past papers are twice-a-week norm. Is it hard? If you had good GCSE Maths grades, not really.

Is it enjoyable/boring? If you strive for a financial career, yes. If you like variety rather than routine, no. Accounting is the same for the entire year, there is no change.
teu.dm
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Honestly saying, I sucks in maths in my high school days but I managed to score well in accounting. To be good in accounting, basic math is needed. The idea of accounting is you need to master the concept and a lot of practice. Similar to math, there are formulas and principles you need to remember which previous posts had mentioned.

Accounting is interesting and fun. If you like challenge, accounting can be your choice. The good thing about accounting is though one doesnt have prior knwoledge on accounting, he or she can pick it up faster to learn and understand the concept.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (10)
12.66%
I need help researching courses (7)
8.86%
I need help with filling out the application form (4)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (32)
40.51%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (21)
26.58%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.53%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
3.8%

Watched Threads