The Student Room Group

When do I take LNAT if I apply after A2 results

I hope someone can help me out, when do I sit the LNAT if I am applying after my A2 final results, do I even sit it? I am very confused, any help would be wonderful and can I sit it for the 2016 entry even though I will be applying later?
bump
I'm not familiar with the LNAT as in doing the UKCAT (another entrance exam) but I'm definitely sure that you have to do it this year if you want to go to uni next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
I'm not familiar with the LNAT as in doing the UKCAT (another entrance exam) but I'm definitely sure that you have to do it this year if you want to go to uni next year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, LNAT is the law exam and universities get the scores straight away apparently, but I will be applying to uni after A2 so for the 2017 entry, I suppose I will have to do it then, I am just confused because obviously I would be receiving conditional offers as I would have my A2 exams by then, so would I even sit it or when would I sit it? So confused...:s-smilie:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Thanks, LNAT is the law exam and universities get the scores straight away apparently, but I will be applying to uni after A2 so for the 2017 entry, I suppose I will have to do it then, I am just confused because obviously I would be receiving conditional offers as I would have my A2 exams by then, so would I even sit it or when would I sit it? So confused...:s-smilie:

What year are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
What year are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

As at the moment, going on to a2
As at the moment, going on to a2

Then you take it this year :smile:
I checked for you and it says you have to book it in September
http://www.lnat.ac.uk

Basically, once you've got your AS results, you'll be doing A2 mocks in October time probably and this will be your predicted grades for university.
You apply for the Univeristies and you out your AS grades and your A2 predicted grades. Later around March time, you will get a conditional offer. This means the university will ask you to achieve A*AA or ABB in your A2 exams. Then on results day next year in August, when you the results and if they meet your conditional offer, the university accepts you and then you start university in September 2016.
If you'd like to start University in September 2017, take the LNAT next year, but this means you will be taking a gap year. Does this make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bloom77
Then you take it this year :smile:
I checked for you and it says you have to book it in September
http://www.lnat.ac.uk

Basically, once you've got your AS results, you'll be doing A2 mocks in October time probably and this will be your predicted grades for university.
You apply for the Univeristies and you out your AS grades and your A2 predicted grades. Later around March time, you will get a conditional offer. This means the university will ask you to achieve A*AA or ABB in your A2 exams. Then on results day next year in August, when you the results and if they meet your conditional offer, the university accepts you and then you start university in September 2016.
If you'd like to start University in September 2017, take the LNAT next year, but this means you will be taking a gap year. Does this make sense?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes perfect sense, Thank you very much. That really helped. I just wondered if I took it this year would the results still withstand for the 2017 entry but I don't think it works like that lol. Anyway thank you very much! :smile:
Yes perfect sense, Thank you very much. That really helped. I just wondered if I took it this year would the results still withstand for the 2017 entry but I don't think it works like that lol. Anyway thank you very much! :smile:

No worries :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending