piezoelectron
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am on the verge of either accepting or denying an internship with RBS in Operations. I will be working in the back office.

At the risk of sounding cocky, do you guys think doing this internship is in any way detrimental for my long-term career? I am thinking of the bad press RBS has had of late, the fact that half of it is government-owned, etc. Just a thought. I am definitely not sticking with them for a graduate scheme if they offer me one after this internship, should I choose to do it.

What do you all think? Especially keen on hearing from ex-interns too
Simonlittlex
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I highly doubt that it would be detrimental, the offer for an internship with anywhere really is a great achievement and something that you would be proud to put on a CV! Despite how RBS may be viewed in the media, a potential employer is not going to associate you in anyway with their faults for having done an internship with them.

You should definitely take the opportunity, especially if you're interested in studying something business/accountancy related. I'm sure you'd enjoy it.
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
do what you feel is right.

if i had nothing else, id jump at the chance to put some experience on cv. reneging is a possibility
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (420)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (322)
43.4%

Watched Threads