How do you usually study? Watch

Cats&Roses
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Just wondering about other people's methods of studying. I usually write a lot of notes in my coursebook and practice past papers/ write a lot of summary pages. I like to summarize things because usually there isn't much time to go through everything before the exam. I also tend to highlight a lot which I am not sure is a good thing haha... my highlighters are always running out :awesome:
How about you?
cheesedrew
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
same thing minus the highlighters. i find if i highlight texts i don't remember them compared to just rewriting the notes myself. i tend to over highlight otherwise, which defeats the purpose of drawing attention the key info
PotterPhysics
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Mine is slightly different to most people. I memorize everything we need to know using a condensed revision guide such as CGP. I don't necessarily memorize everything in the sense that I can repeat the whole book off by heart, but rather in a piecemeal fashion so that I am able to repeat each part by heart immediately after I memorize it. I found that this is the best way of ensuring you understand the material: If I don't understand it it's literally impossible for me to memorize it without taking hours. If I understand it it usually takes only a few minutes to memorize word for word. This works for me but I would recommend people to try it.
Zack Smith
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm done with it for now. It was hell of a hectic task dealing with 'em all these years. But I'm studying finance right now. I mean not really a school but undertaking online courses from the Bluebook Academy. So much more relaxing than running with pens & papers!
$100Bill
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Read the material, then do practice questions on the topic.
get_in_the_robot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pomodoro always!

I make sure I use mellow colours (e.g. use mildliners for highlighting and those neat Bic four-colour pink/green/blue/purple pens for key words ) so my eyes don't melt when I read back through. I only ever write the smallest amount of info I can to make sure I know what's needed for the topic, so I usually use revision guides for notes if I can! Makes it all pretty neat to study from.
temi.h.o.
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I love using colours, helps me notice key things a lot more, fine liners, coloured ballpoint pens you name it.
I'm in university so after lectures I go to a recommend text, read and do extra notes and make a list of stuff I really don't understand at that moment and try a research it more, I do a mind map to summarise notes and go over them. Practice questions and making up my own questions on key topics help also. Revision groups with my friends are good, teaching someone helps me to learn as well and them teaching me. YouTube videos and animations are also good.
Meatlug
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I find drawing diagrams can be a big help

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mikel14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anybody procrastinate as much as I do when it comes to studying?
teo_
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hi guys!
I was interested whether anyone have tried this writing company? What do you think about them? I really need to know for my studying stuff...
thnx
Sheikh Umer
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Do you have any hidden talents?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (376)
37.49%
No - but I will (76)
7.58%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (480)
47.86%

Watched Threads