The Student Room Group

Stress Reducing Remedies before Exams

Ive been using Bach's "Rescue Remedy" drops and found them to be effective in reducing stress and anxiety before sitting an exam. Does it really work or is it just a psychological effect? I dunno, but I think it kinda works for me........... Does anybody else use a different product and/or approach towards redcing exam stress?
I used Bach's spray... not sure what its called, but it seemed to work for me as well. Dont use too much or it will make you drowsy, it made me drowsy after like the 10th spray :biggrin:. Ive heard that breathing exercises work well, personally im not such a hot shot when it comes to breathing, and get a good nites sleep and a good breakfast!
I've never tried this 'Rescue Remedy', but I've heard some good things about it. I might try it before my French oral exam in the summer, since orals are the only exams I get really nervous about, but other products that seem to work for everyone else, like Pro Plus, don't seem to have any effect on me :frown:
Yep I can vouch for rescue remedy, I've used it before exams and my driving test and I found it helped. Whether thats because it really works or its psychosomatic I'm not too bothered! I tried Kalms once but they didn't have any effect.
Reply 4
I used rescue remedy for my Cambridge interview - I think it helped a bit... I'm sure there is rum in that stuff :p:
Reply 5
I have the spray too, it seems to work well. Used it a lot before my driving tests, which I was super nervous for.
Reply 6
If your a smoker then have a fag, is not, chewing gum... a banana is supposed to be good as well...
I've never done anything to reduce stress :p: But turning up twice just before the exams were about to start was not good! :p:. So yeah, come really early, because if you're running or something because you're late, you tend to get sweaty, hot and a runny nose, which adds to the stress level I guess.
hmm - sounds like it may just be a psychological thing really - kind of like a placebo

but if you want a real remedy - just sleep well the night before - thats great for me - coz i wake up early, then my mind can re-focus + then flick through notes and go into exam -- lol - okay maybe not truly a "remedy" as such -- :wink:
Personally, revision buildup is overcome by masturbation.
^ I've never actually tried that before an exam :hmmmm:
Reply 11
Foood:biggrin: or just chat to somone on the phone for ages to take your mind off the exam
Ancient Beast
^ I've never actually tried that before an exam :hmmmm:

Well I don't mean to bash one out while the inspectors are saying the instructions, usually the most common time is the day before after a build up of revision.
Reply 13
tazmanmaniac
Well I don't mean to bash one out while the inspectors are saying the instructions, usually the most common time is the day before after a build up of revision.

lol seems like you have it all planned out
I did until the 12 January 05 when the inspector asked what I was groaning for :cry: never has a Chemistry exam been so daunting.
Reply 15
A good night's sleep and some Enya. And being confident you're gonna do well. The keys to success lol

Latest

Trending

Trending