The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It is hugely unlikely that there would ever be places for such universities through clearing. But, never say never. I just wouldn't count on it.
Reply 2
It's HIGHLY unlikely. Many of these universities are normally oversubscribed and they really don't have a lack of candidates to whom they can offer a place too. That being said, other good universities i.e. Hull, Southampton have been known to go on to clearing.
I don't think that LSE, UCL or KCL etc would ever even put their places into clearning for law even if they wanted more people, for fear it would look bad on them.
starlight999
I was just wondering if there are ever any places for for law at LSE, UCL, Kings in clearing??...Or anywhere else good in london?

No, not at LSE, UCL, KCL or QM.
However Goldsmiths, Brunel, UEL,SOAS, LSB, City and the Met might have places.
Reply 5
lol ucl, kcl, lse in clearing! we all wish mate, but then reality kicks in.
Reply 6
starlight999
I was just wondering if there are ever any places for for law at LSE, UCL, Kings in clearing??...Or anywhere else good in london?

In your dreams! If you take out the "good" there might be somewhere.
Reply 7
fundamentally
No, not at LSE, UCL, KCL or QM.
However Goldsmiths, Brunel, UEL,SOAS, LSB, City and the Met might have places.

SOAS raised their entry requirements to AAA this year. It did not enter clearing in 2005.
moosaman
SOAS raised their entry requirements to AAA this year. It did not enter clearing in 2005.

Ok.
I guess that SOAS must be improving.
Reply 9
No - SOAS is (or one of) the only Universitiy(s) to offer an Asian slant, plus the additional fact they request 360 points, which means they don't mind General Studies or Critical Thinking.

Any university asking for a points score rather than a grade requirement don't mind GS and on the outside CT. Leicester/Sheffield/SOAS are a few that spring to mind. http://thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Law

edit: that sounded bad - SOAS still great Law school - just explaining points requirements and marketing strategy, which is why SOAS offer 360 points
Solemn Wanderer
Plus take out the requirement to obtain the points in three A Levels and you can meet the 360 points requirement with CCCC.

but you can't - you have to achieve them over 3A's, right?
I very very much doubt you would get in with CCCC... there must be some sort of limit on it?

As for the Asian slant... I really wish people would stop harking on about it :s-smilie:. I think I made a pretty detailed post before about it.
Reply 12
Lewisy-boy
I very very much doubt you would get in with CCCC... there must be some sort of limit on it?

As for the Asian slant... I really wish people would stop harking on about it :s-smilie:. I think I made a pretty detailed post before about it.

Not harping on - but that's why SOAS can offer 360 points. If they didn't, they just would not get the applicants (although people from the International arena would no doubt stay faithful). You have KCL, UCL, QMUL, LSE, City and you think SOAS could get applicants with AAA (not 360 points) in straight M100 Law? Err - no.
walshie
Not harping on - but that's why SOAS can offer 360 points. If they didn't, they just would not get the applicants (although people from the International arena would no doubt stay faithful). You have KCL, UCL, QMUL, LSE, City and you think SOAS could get applicants with AAA (not 360 points) in straight M100 Law? Err - no.

UCAS Code
M100 LLB

Entry Requirements
A levels: AAA

IB: 38

UCAS: 360 (from 3 A-levels excluding General Studies)

Subjects Required/Preferred
No

--- I don't know much about A-levels because I am international but doesn't the 3 A-level stipulation automatically render the CCCC possibility obsolete?
Reply 14
it does and if it is 3A-levels excluding GS then it is an AAA offer as you cant claw the points from somewhere else

Latest

Trending

Trending