The Student Room Group

Student finance lower than expected?

I'm on a family income of 26,000 and I'm planning on moving out for university. I received my student finance letter today and it says I will get £4867. Does this seem right? Student finance calculator said I would receive around £9000.
Is this for maintenance loan and grant? £4867 sounds right for a maintenance loan, never known anyone to get as much as £9000 for that. You can get up to £9000 for the tuition fee loan which is paid direct to your university. With a household income of over £25,000 you qualify for a partial maintenance grant.
The online calculator is not 100% accurate as it does not have the details that you supply them with when you apply for student finance, those details affect how much you actually get.
Have a look here for your entitlements - bear in mind that wherever it says 'up to' you usually get less than the maximum http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=604-How-much-financial-support-can-I-get
The breakdown should be on the letter you received.
If you think a mistake has been made - like you are not receiving a maintenance grant - give them a call.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest