Access course portfolio, done. Watch

bibliboo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Just done the portfolio, brilliant. Now what?

Posted from TSR Mobile
jimmy_looks_2ice
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Now you can burn it and celebrate!

Tbh, I'm not quite sure either. I've still got one assignment to come back from EV, but otherwise my portfolio is complete. I think we should get a certificate from the awarding body around the end of July/early August, so I guess we have to forward that to our uni to confirm we've met the requirements of the offer...? I think the portfolio itself is ours to do with as we please. Hopefully someone who actually knows that they're talking about will post .
bibliboo
Rep:
?
Haha I know, everything, sort of fizzles out doesn't it? I've asked the tutor a few times but I'm still not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Esteta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorta had the same problem!

Posted from TSR Mobile
jimmy_looks_2ice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bibliboo)
Haha I know, everything, sort of fizzles out doesn't it? I've asked the tutor a few times but I'm still not sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, wasn't just my group then! My course was fairly well organised up until May. Then we got into independent assignments, and the structure went out of the window.
magnitudezero
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice)

. I think we should get a certificate from the awarding body around the end of July/early August, so I guess we have to forward that to our uni to confirm we've met the requirements of the offer...?
I know you're saying this with a question mark, but I thought that the results would be directly uploaded to UCAS?
bibliboo
Rep:
?
(Original post by magnitudezero)
I know you're saying this with a question mark, but I thought that the results would be directly uploaded to UCAS?
So does that mean we have to check UCAS track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
magnitudezero
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bibliboo)
So does that mean we have to check UCAS track?

Posted from TSR Mobile
To get your results? I don't think so, my college posted ours online earlier this week, so I'm 99% sure that I've fulfilled the requirements for my firm - but I'm not going to believe it until it's on UCAS, or that I have an official letter from the uni.
bibliboo
Rep:
?
To get your results? I don't think so, my college posted ours online earlier this week, so I'm 99% sure that I've fulfilled the requirements for my firm - but I'm not going to believe it until it's on UCAS, or that I have an official letter from the uni.
Yes same, here. I've distinctions in every assignment/exam, so I've almost certainly got my firm choice, but dont have a clue about what happens next, or when the moderators check the portfolio or what.

It's also strange because hardly anyone turned up for portfolio building, so I only got to say bye to a fraction of the class

Posted from TSR Mobile
lovali
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We didn't even have any mention of a portfolio! We were given the results for all assignments/exams as we went along & have to collect the official paper from our college exam office at the end of July, submit it to the university in whichever way they have asked for & then the uni apparently updates track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jimmy_looks_2ice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds like you guys have it worse than me - doesn't look like your tutors have told you anything! I know they've done our moderation, but one of my assignments was taken away for some reason and I'm still awaiting its return. I'm not going to let that spoil my summer, though

Folks on my course have been drifting in and out over the last few weeks. I've only gone in when I've needed to. I do feel rather anti-climactic about it and have kind of missed it recently (weird, I know). On the other hand, I hate goodbyes, so not being in a position to have to do that has been preferable for me.
Esteta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
What's the actual job of the moderator? To moderate the marking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lledrith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Esteta)
What's the actual job of the moderator? To moderate the marking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Comparison of marks given to the grading criteria to ensure that the work has been marked fairly and correctly.
Esteta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lledrith)
Comparison of marks given to the grading criteria to ensure that the work has been marked fairly and correctly.
Haha sounds like a hard job! We had so many assignments towards the end!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Esteta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lledrith)
One more question. Do people's grades normally alter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
lledrith
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Esteta)
One more question. Do people's grades normally alter?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's very rare for grades to change, though it can happen. I've heard about students who have gone from merits to distinctions in some modules.

Generally speaking the work is internally moderated to a pretty high standard, so I wouldn't worry about any drastic alterations.
Esteta
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Haha I'm worried now. I obtained distinctions in every unit apart from one. ✌️ Got a spot at pharmacy school riding on this ha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
bibliboo
Rep:
?
(Original post by jimmy_looks_2ice)
Sounds like you guys have it worse than me - doesn't look like your tutors have told you anything! I know they've done our moderation, but one of my assignments was taken away for some reason and I'm still awaiting its return. I'm not going to let that spoil my summer, though

Folks on my course have been drifting in and out over the last few weeks. I've only gone in when I've needed to. I do feel rather anti-climactic about it and have kind of missed it recently (weird, I know). On the other hand, I hate goodbyes, so not being in a position to have to do that has been preferable for me.
Yeah, they're brilliant, helpful tutors but they're incredibly overworked, even at this time of year they clearly had quite a bit to do, especially the main tutor. It can get frustrating if tutors are full time at a different campus though.

There again, even if they did explain clearly to the class, not everyone would have been present to hear about it, since attendence towards the end was so low.

Posted from TSR Mobile
jimmy_looks_2ice
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The attendance aspect seemed to go out of the window towards the end - it didn't seem to be recorded and no-one seemed to be too bothered who showed up or not. It was a bit of a culture shock for me at that point, since I'm so used to work where you gotta show up if you want to keep getting paid!
lauren1981
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Access results aren't sent automatically, you have to send them to the university yourself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (150)
24.79%
Pop (146)
24.13%
Jazz (26)
4.3%
Classical (35)
5.79%
Hip-Hop (106)
17.52%
Electronic (42)
6.94%
Indie (100)
16.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise