Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Who do think is the better rapper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cUyPI6U4bk C.C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPlWILZm4U M.W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggZ7Zv7yvo Geko

These guys are actaully so awesome...... They rap about real life stuff..... sucks how they get so much hate for it :/
Imperion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Eminem
SomeBadKarma
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't like Geko, never heard of the two others but Mo West is good.

CC won't blow, voice too squeaky and flow too average.

Mo West has potential, just needs exposure but he'll probably be like Geko (pretty much underground).
Enrique suave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SceneKid17)
Who do think is the better rapper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cUyPI6U4bk C.C

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGPlWILZm4U M.W

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yggZ7Zv7yvo Geko

These guys are actaully so awesome...... They rap about real life stuff..... sucks how they get so much hate for it :/
None, your list is rubbish,

Wiley is the godfather of grime.

Skepta is the king of grime

Big Narstie is the realest in grime.

Geko looks like a anteater.:lol:
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Gekos going mainstream with ****ty club music but thats cool cuz hes making alot of money clearly. Gravity is a **** song tho

First guy ruined a once good beat

Mo west was average but the other two songs were so bad that they made him look pretty good
blackened_sky
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
JME or gtfo
Joshale
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Enrique suave)
None, your list is rubbish,

Wiley is the godfather of grime.

Skepta is the king of grime

Big Narstie is the realest in grime.

Geko looks like a anteater.:lol:
did you really just skip Stormzy? oh dear
queen-bee
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Skepta
TheTruthTeller
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Uk hip hop is becoming ****ter. You just see people promoting selling drugs and acting like they've got bare 'peez' whilst living in council estates. Sad but true
jp14utd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Kano
SomeBadKarma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TheTruthTeller)
Uk hip hop is becoming ****ter. You just see people promoting selling drugs and acting like they've got bare 'peez' whilst living in council estates. Sad but true
This.

Influencing the youth to drop out of school to take part in the 'trap life' as it's seen as 'the only way'.

Young girls feel as if their body's dictate whether they shall find a 'bae' or not due to boys objectifying them.

Teenagers feeling as if they all have to get 'waved', drink alcohol, fxck around, get in trouble with the 'feds' and sell drugs to be accepted within society.

The sad truth.
SceneKid17
Rep:
?
ehh stop wrecking this thread!!

if you dont like this kinda music move on.... stop talking ****!!

but if im honest your views are very much stereotyped

some rappers make this kinda of music to express there feelings....

not to mention Geko's first rap was about his brother who had passed away!!

he obviously got told he had some talent there which lead him to where he is today....
SceneKid17
Rep:
?
This track says it all....
Not all rappers rap about drugs and sex

SomeBadKarma
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
But that guy isn't big which demonstrates that to be mainstream within the UK hip-hop/grime industry you have to talk about drugs, sex, females, violence and gangs. Although, do not get me wrong that is not always the case with all artists as Ghetts has gone on to talk about political things, for example his song 'Rebel'. I do listen to grime/Uk Hip-Hop but I will refuse to be influenced into all the crap they talk of because I am aware of the meaning of the lyrics.

But you cannot lie and say that a large majority of artists in the UK grime/hip-hop do not merely speak of gangs, drugs and sex, etc which does influence the youth.

But I guess if they're making money of the tracks they produce who cares about what they feed their targeted audience (teenagers).

I can guarantee you most of the rappers are not really about that life, but they know eager youths admire them and see them as inspirational, so they are naive to what they're really saying.

"Ayo my yute you can't eat pum pum and try draw my zoot"

^ That one line from J Hus's freestyle caused major debates between teenagers, and made boys feel victimised for their choice in pleasuring a female. Which is up to them, but because J Hus declared that is disgusting, boys are like "nah that's moist I ain't on that #nowaaay" and try to pick boys out who do and downgrade them.

But anyways, that's life.
Enrique suave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by LibraPower)
But that guy isn't big which demonstrates that to be mainstream within the UK hip-hop/grime industry you have to talk about drugs, sex, females, violence and gangs. Although, do not get me wrong that is not always the case with all artists as Ghetts has gone on to talk about political things, for example his song 'Rebel'. I do listen to grime/Uk Hip-Hop but I will refuse to be influenced into all the crap they talk of because I am aware of the meaning of the lyrics.

But you cannot lie and say that a large majority of artists in the UK grime/hip-hop do not merely speak of gangs, drugs and sex, etc which does influence the youth.

But I guess if they're making money of the tracks they produce who cares about what they feed their targeted audience (teenagers).

I can guarantee you most of the rappers are not really about that life, but they know eager youths admire them and see them as inspirational, so they are naive to what they're really saying.

"Ayo my yute you can't eat pum pum and try draw my zoot"

^ That one line from J Hus's freestyle caused major debates between teenagers, and made boys feel victimised for their choice in pleasuring a female. Which is up to them, but because J Hus declared that is disgusting, boys are like "nah that's moist I ain't on that #nowaaay" and try to pick boys out who do and downgrade them.

But anyways, that's life.
Yes Grime is all hype with no substance, but it's entertainment. No-one would be listening to J Hus if all he rapped about was conscious issues, but he knows his demographic is a bunch of immature school kids.

At the end of the day, if acting like a "greazy gang banger" works for him and it pays the bills, then by all means why should he care about some naive youth being influenced by his lyrics, which he doesn't live by himself.

Stormzy is the same, he talks all this crud yet he never lived that life he does it to keep a roof above his head.
Joshale
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
back to topic..

Bugzy Malone has been doing good lately, but really if it weren't for chip (who is getting **** load of hate lately, even though I think he's al-right) he wouldn't be nowhere near this famous
bigmansouf
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
seriously how can anyone think the flow of Bugzy is grime is beyond me
the line between grime and rap is constantly blurred.

Also is B Mouthy is soo hard send for Skepta he make a pop tune mmmm
I thought so

i hate people who use other to try hype themselves up
I respect chip
he doesnt back down from beef
Ghettz backed out of a lord of the mic battle with pmoney who would have fired him mmm

these new rappers are gasssed i remember the days of crazy titch vs dizzee rascal

now thats raw grime now uk rap is too much confused as grime and plus narstie is not the realness in grime pmoney will destroy him
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HYdvKg0k8g young reeks will end most gassed rappers
bigmansouf
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
ooh yeah does anyone know of the ireland rapper black guy
Akamega
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Skepta doing it big recently.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (38)
29.01%
No (93)
70.99%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed