Want more information about this university?
ellielt
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello! From Sept I'll be studying Social Work and will be commuting from Exeter. I was wondering if anybody else will be commuting from Exeter and would be interested in car sharing?
Kamy_g
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'll be starting at Plymouth in September too and commuting from Exeter - but doing Mental Health Nursing. Interested in car sharing if it will work tho!
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm just wondering even if you're car sharing, if getting the train might not be a cheaper option? Parking in Plymouth city centre, especially near the uni is pretty expensive, and limited, and I would imagine for both social work and mental health nursing, your hours will be quite long.

The uni is less than 5 minutes away from the train station, so it might be worth looking into.

Sorry if this isn't helpful, but it's just my thoughts from when I used to commute to Plymouth from Cornwall.
ellielt
Rep:
?
Ah cool! Well when I know my timetable I'll reply on here letting you know. The only thing I know is I'll be doing three full days
ellielt
Rep:
?
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
I'm just wondering even if you're car sharing, if getting the train might not be a cheaper option? Parking in Plymouth city centre, especially near the uni is pretty expensive, and limited, and I would imagine for both social work and mental health nursing, your hours will be quite long.

The uni is less than 5 minutes away from the train station, so it might be worth looking into.

Sorry if this isn't helpful, but it's just my thoughts from when I used to commute to Plymouth from Cornwall.
I've looked into both and if there's three/four of us car sharing it should work out the same or even cheaper driving if I can't find anyone to car share with I'll have to get the train, thank you though!
roakley1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey, I've just confirmed am studying PGCE Secondary Music. I live in Buckfast which is on the A38 road from Exeter. Would be up for joining in the car share, I will be in Plymouth Monday-Wednesday
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (644)
33.49%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (815)
42.38%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.66%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (86)
4.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed