The Student Room Group

I need some advice!

Ok, so I signed up literally 10 minutes ago so have probably put this in the wrong place or have missed a thread that already covers this topic so forgive me for making a new one!
I'm having a bit of a dilemma with A level choices and was hoping for some guidance. I am really passionate about medicine and want to study it at university, and before I get any witty or or sarcastic comments, I have looked into study requirements and A levels a lot! I know the only way I've got any sort of chance is by taking chemistry and at least biology as well; I am 100% sure that I'm taking biology but what's holding me back is that I don't know if I'm good enough to take chemistry. It's a no brainier that you shouldn't take a subject like that unless you excel in it, but I don't really know where I stand! :s-smilie:
I'm fairly good at maths, although I haven't got my GCSE results back my past papers are normally A grade, so I hope that's not an issue, but for the beginning of year 10 and some or year 11 out class didn't have a proper science teacher! Also, we covered the C6 and C7 exam content in about a month Abby I was expected to teach myself a fair bit of the content at home. Sob story over, basically what I'm saying is I don't know if I'm good enough because I haven't really had the opportunity to show that. Normally I would have given up but I feel the exams went ok.
I'm so sorry I've written a novel here, I'm just in a bit of a flap about it! Could anyone who's been through this or is in the same position offer any advice?
Thanks a bunch in advance! :tongue:
Reply 1
AS chemistry mainly builds upon what you've already done at GCSE, you should probably choose Chem, roll with it for two weeks then come to a final, educated decision. Even if you don't do chemistry, maths and, for example, further maths should be enough for you to do medicine provided you get the grades
Original post by Eltener
AS chemistry mainly builds upon what you've already done at GCSE, you should probably choose Chem, roll with it for two weeks then come to a final, educated decision. Even if you don't do chemistry, maths and, for example, further maths should be enough for you to do medicine provided you get the grades

Ok, that's great advice, thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending