The Student Room Group

What job can I do which involves me playing Xbox?

And sleeping and genrally doing nothing, but still earning a minimum of 18k a year after tax? All avenues of employment seem dull, I work in retail now but I have always treated it as a means to an end and not a career path.. truth is higher paid careers seem stressful and boring and its all shirt and tie slavery sitting in an office. I will probs take some IT job and build a career on that but tbh Im not happy about it as it will be mind numbingly boring like every other job. Theres no way people who go into things like investment banking find it enjoyable.. seeing though we spend a good portion of our lives at work it should be fun.. if its not then its just slavery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Start your own business.
Original post by T.I.P
And sleeping and genrally doing nothing, but still earning a minimum of 18k a year after tax? All avenues of employment seem dull, I work in retail now but I have always treated it as a means to an end and not a career path.. truth is higher paid careers seem stressful and boring and its all shirt and tie slavery sitting in an office. I will probs take some IT job and build a career on that but tbh Im not happy about it as it will be mind numbingly boring like every other job. Theres no way people who go into things like investment banking find it enjoyable.. seeing though we spend a good portion of our lives at work it should be fun.. if its not then its just slavery.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Video games reviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by T.I.P

Posted from TSR Mobile

benefits cheat.
Bump off your parents and live on your inheritance. If you do it well, you may manage a few years of Xbox playing before the cops come knocking. If you get caught straight away, no worries, you may still get to play your Xbox in your cell while you stay there at her Majesty's pleasure.
vote labour your wish may come true
Reply 7
Original post by VannR
Start your own business.

The negatives of doing so outweigh the positives. The government make it impossible to make any real money and **** you in all holes for trying to become a slave master rather than a slave.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
The negatives of doing so outweigh the positives. The government make it impossible to make any real money and **** you in all holes for trying to become a slave master rather than a slave.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how?! please explain, sure i can help.
Reply 9
You could be a video games tester, or start your own Youtube based gaming channel?
Reply 10
Original post by Bill_Gates
how?! please explain, sure i can help.

You know what, before I made this I said to myself "I bet any money Bill_Gates will comment" and here you are. To answer your Q you have to pay out so much on insurrance, business tax etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SotonianOne
vote labour your wish may come true

is the guy in ur pp nicolas sarkozy?
Reply 12
Original post by Zuki
You could be a video games tester, or start your own Youtube based gaming channel?

Second person to suggest this ridiculous idea so I will address it instead of ignoring it. Video games testers are so niche, how many tester jobs have you ever seen? More chance of a drama degree paying of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zuki

Pretty sure if all the kids who wanted to play games for a living were video games tester for a couple of weeks, they'd end up ****ing hating it. Probably a good way to get them all to grow up actually, give them a couple of weeks work experience in it and they'll end up begging for it to end.
professional idiot
Reply 15
Original post by blackened_sky
Pretty sure if all the kids who wanted to play games for a living were video games tester for a couple of weeks, they'd end up ****ing hating it. Probably a good way to get them all to grow up actually, give them a couple of weeks work experience in it and they'll end up begging for it to end.

You are whats wrong with todays society. You think becoming a slave an accepting slavery means you are grownup and mature. I giveit up to the man who says **** the system Im going to be free.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
You know what, before I made this I said to myself "I bet any money Bill_Gates will comment" and here you are. To answer your Q you have to pay out so much on insurrance, business tax etc etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol what's the nature of the business first and how much do you have to start with?

(I'd say although UK is a bureaucratic nanny state nightmare, it is still possible to open up a business and run it quite easily if you know what you're doing).
Reply 17
Original post by T.I.P
Second person to suggest this ridiculous idea so I will address it instead of ignoring it. Video games testers are so niche, how many tester jobs have you ever seen? More chance of a drama degree paying of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well, there are very little options. Either you can go down the development/ test route, or you could do it as entertainment as many Youtube channels do, and quite successfully at that.
Reply 18
Original post by blackened_sky
Shut up you massive nonce.

Typical

Posted from TSR Mobile
plastic surgery > become ksi > play xbox whilst earning coin

#winning

Quick Reply

Latest