The Student Room Group

Student newspaper funding

A few friends and I are starting up a student newspaper. As of now, we have no funding/budget, and the school can't supply any money. How could we get some funding, besides standard business adverts? Should I ask local newspapers to give small donations to get us started?
You could speak to local newspapers, but depending on how big they are they may not want to, simply because it's a student newspaper. You could start a GoFundMe? That way anyone can donate?

Also, what are you planning on using the money for? I was part of a school newspaper in secondary school and we didn't have any funding.
Reply 2
Original post by Novascope
You could speak to local newspapers, but depending on how big they are they may not want to, simply because it's a student newspaper. You could start a GoFundMe? That way anyone can donate?

Also, what are you planning on using the money for? I was part of a school newspaper in secondary school and we didn't have any funding.

We want to be able to do a printed edition, and need money to cover printing costs. Both of those sound really good, thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest