A2 English Lit coursework texts - any suggestions?

Watch
crashMATHS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I will definitely do my A2 English Lit coursework on Wuthering Heights, as I absolutely love the book.

However, I also want to compare the novel to the work of a poet. Are there any recommendations of a poet whose poems share similarities to Wuthering Heights?

I was thinking of creating an essay that discusses suffering, a lack of civilisation or love as a theme to reveal other subtexts, so any poet who has a range of poetry that deals with this would be nice to know of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kingaaran)
I will definitely do my A2 English Lit coursework on Wuthering Heights, as I absolutely love the book.

However, I also want to compare the novel to the work of a poet. Are there any recommendations of a poet whose poems share similarities to Wuthering Heights?

I was thinking of creating an essay that discusses suffering, a lack of civilisation or love as a theme to reveal other subtexts, so any poet who has a range of poetry that deals with this would be nice to know of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Either Carol Ann Duffys The Worlds Wife or Ted Hugh's Birthday Letters are usually good combinations.
crashMATHS
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
Either Carol Ann Duffys The Worlds Wife or Ted Hugh's Birthday Letters are usually good combinations.
Thanks for the suggestions - I have now decided to use TS Elliot's The Wasteland and one of his other poems of a similar nature.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asad_2015
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by kingaaran)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, well there are many poems out there like withering heights but this is your controlled assessment it would be against tsr regulations to help you, some students may get the odd disadvantage. You can do a google search that may help you
The Empire Odyssey
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Asad_2015)
Hello, well there are many poems out there like withering heights but this is your controlled assessment it would be against tsr regulations to help you, some students may get the odd disadvantage. You can do a google search that may help you
A level does not have controlled assessments. Controlled assessments are when students do a piece of coursework-type but under times conditions at GCSE level only. A level coursework allows students to plan and draft, get it marked and redraft and etc.

So, don't know where you got your information from, but it's not correct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.31%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.38%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
18.1%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.93%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (35)
30.17%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (21)
18.1%

Watched Threads