The Student Room Group

Why are Sikhs allowed to carry religious dagger?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meenu89
It was the last guru who formalised the religion and set the 5 Ks. It was to try to make Sikhs easily recongisable.

Guru Gobind singh ji, I knew that I promise!!!!!! (don't tell my mum :redface:)
For the same reason Scottish people are allowed to wear sgian-dubh in England; it's a part of their traditional attire and identity and they never use it to kill people.
So you know it's called a Kirpan, yet call it a '' dagger''. I would day if you have a problem question the British government because they granted us the freedoms not the student room.If you decide that you actually want to learn something about why the Kirpan Google basics of sikhi on youtube
Original post by username1628823
1. Sikhs carrying kirpans is legal in the UK. You keep saying that religious people are ignoring the law, when, in reality, they are following it.
2. I believe that, if people stopped focusing their anger and attention towards trivial issues like this, we'd actually reform society. If people stopped targeting scapegoats for the World's sorrows, we'd actually confront our issues' causes and solve them.

Religious people are not ignoring the law by carrying kirpans. They are following it.

👏👏

Quick Reply

Latest