The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing Applicants 2016!

Hello everyone! I'm applying to study MH Nursing in 2016/17 and was just wondering if there is anyone else also applying? If so, which universities are you applying to and what current subjects are you taking?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hello, i'm going to be applying for MH nursing for 2016 entry! I've previously just left a MH nursing course because I was having a few issues and the university weren't very supportive or helpful. I think i'm going to be applying for Sheffield Hallam, UCLAN, Salford, Leeds Becket and York :smile:
Original post by hanna_h
Hello, i'm going to be applying for MH nursing for 2016 entry! I've previously just left a MH nursing course because I was having a few issues and the university weren't very supportive or helpful. I think i'm going to be applying for Sheffield Hallam, UCLAN, Salford, Leeds Becket and York :smile:

i m doing mh at uclan this september so if you want to know anything about uclan drop me a message:smile:
Original post by claireestelle
i m doing mh at uclan this september so if you want to know anything about uclan drop me a message:smile:

I would love to know how you are finding the course. As you haven't started, why did you pick it?
Original post by TiffanyVimes
I would love to know how you are finding the course. As you haven't started, why did you pick it?

I picked Uclan as i ve spent two years there doing another course and love the way everything in campus is pretty close to each other, the facilities are all pretty new, we have a 24 hour library complete with showers:P and have a free gym with plenty of classes. If you mean why i picked mental health nursing that would be an incredibly long paragraph, long story short i want to fight stigma and help people at their most vulnerable and just enjoy working with people with mh conditions in general:smile:
Can i ask where else you looked?
Can i ask where else you looked?

edge hill( felt a little snobby to me:P)
salford
ljmu
Cumbria
Reply 7
Original post by hanna_h

I'll also be applying to York! x
Reply 8
Original post by claireestelle

Do you know what the support is like at UCLAN for nursing students? (Lack of support was the reason I left my last uni) I've only heard good things about UCLAN and it looks like a really good course there, I hope you enjoy it when you start in September!
Original post by hanna_h
Do you know what the support is like at UCLAN for nursing students? (Lack of support was the reason I left my last uni) I've only heard good things about UCLAN and it looks like a really good course there, I hope you enjoy it when you start in September!

Well in general, uclan is supposedly very supportive. The contact i ve had so far with student support as i have disabilities so needed to organise things for that has been brilliant and i ve not heard anything bad about the nursing team. Thank you:smile:
Original post by hanna_h

Can i ask where you left?
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for MH at Teesside!
Original post by bigsmoke

Oh good. It's a bit out of my area though so I know nothing about it. Why do you want to go there?
Hi! I'm going to be applying for MH Nursing for '16 too. I applied last year but i felt very out of place at all of my interviews, so decided to take a year out and re-apply. I'm thinking of applying to Edge hill, Leeds Beckett, Manchester, Northumbria and Chester so far :smile: and I'm currently studying a level 4 HNC in Health and social care! I'm so excited to start applying to universities again. Where is everyone else thinking of applying to?
Oh good. It's a bit out of my area though so I know nothing about it. Why do you want to go there?

It's local and it's my previous University (final year Sociology).
Reply 15
Original post by Kaytee:-)
Hi! I'm going to be applying for MH Nursing for '16 too. I applied last year but i felt very out of place at all of my interviews, so decided to take a year out and re-apply. I'm thinking of applying to Edge hill, Leeds Beckett, Manchester, Northumbria and Chester so far :smile: and I'm currently studying a level 4 HNC in Health and social care! I'm so excited to start applying to universities again. Where is everyone else thinking of applying to?

I'm thinking of applying to York, Leeds, Manchester, UCLAN and Cumbria!
Reply 16

Which other universities have you looked at? :smile:
Original post by Rabia25
Which other universities have you looked at? :smile:

I was looking at Northumbria too - I'm trying to stay local if possible. What about you?
Reply 18
I was looking at Northumbria too - I'm trying to stay local if possible. What about you?

I'm trying to stay local too so I've looked at Leeds, Manchester, York, Cumbria and UCLAN x
Original post by Rabia25
I'm trying to stay local too so I've looked at Leeds, Manchester, York, Cumbria and UCLAN x

Sounds good - I'll be commuting more than likely as I do not want to move out from home - it'll be a lot cheaper in the long run!

Quick Reply

Latest