Which unis have best student life?

Watch
scardc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I would like to know which universities have the best student lifestyle, including things like lots of good pubs and clubs in the city, good live music and and just a nice community feel?? Thanks
thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scardc)
I would like to know which universities have the best student lifestyle, including things like lots of good pubs and clubs in the city, good live music and and just a nice community feel?? Thanks
I know Manchester is like that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pollyanna1998
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
<_<
>_>

I know we shouldn't choose a university because of the social/night life it offers, but it deffy comes into play for me! So I'll be looking forward to the answers people offer. I know the Economics uni in London has appalling night life, and my older sister went to Sheffield and had an amazing time etc. So my conclusion

Sheffield is good for night life or rather, any life at all.
London uni for economics (or whatever it's called) is for people who are study focused.
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just moving this to a university section for you I'm at Liverpool though and that has an amazing student lifestyle. Other places I've heard are Manchester, Leeds etc etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
PsychologyNerdy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Newcastle
UniofReading
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello,

Reading is a great place for students and I have certainly enjoyed my time there! It is a large campus uni and is very green with some lovely nature spots. It feels like a student village as there is so much going on and has everything you need really, with food outlets, bars, grocery stores, bubble tea bar, a job shop, bank, lettings agent and even a hairdressers! The union runs lots of events including two night clubs weekly which are the biggest nights out in Reading as well as a weekly pub quiz and karaoke, comedy night (fortnightly) alongside many other shows and functions.

The Reading town itself is pleasant and has a lot going on. There is a big shopping centre, many restaurants, bars, pubs and cafes and a cinema. The choice for nights out is great because there are many clubs! Also, there are some really nice independent shops, cafes and restaurants in Reading.

Do take a visit to one of our open days if you are interested in finding out more info. You can always arrange a campus tour or have a wander yourself!

Feel free to ask any questions,
Pip, English Literature and History of Art
rayquaza17
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Newcastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Durham.

Sorry, joking. You can get the train to Newcastle.
Helloworld_95
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Pretty much any uni in any major northern city, and the closer it is to the city centre the better.
camillaswift
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do city universities is central London have a good student life?
I'm thinking King's, UCL, Queen Mary

Posted from TSR Mobile
withlove
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
The main cities like Brighton, Bristol, Manchester etc. are the best as well as getting a proper studenty feel. London? Not at all, and too expensive to really even enjoy yourself and quite lonely unless you already know a lot of people from my friends experiences.

Every city has a place for everyone so just look into the kind of things you like (ie. bands that go on tour, look at where they play or where are the events you like the look of the most)! Just for me, and so many others - not london.
New- Emperor
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Southampton has an amazing nightlife lot's of bars and pubs.
neal95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Yeah London is buzzing post uni life and is the place to be for the best paying jobs but not if your after the best student lifestyle. However if you have an amazing oppurtunity such as law at KCL come up then you would be silly not to take it, unless you had offers from other places like nottingham or warwick. All the major norther cities are meant to be awesome especially Newcastle Leeds and Liverpool from what I have heard.
bluemoonshine
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Cardiff has awesome student life. The main uni is in the heart of the city centre, and there are loads of clubs and bars ot enjoy yourself. Plus there's the bay, and the beach (barry Island) not too far away, good student feeling community too.
Petro_99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Manchester!!!

Really cheap, good nights out and everyone is mostly friendly!! Definitely recommended :-)
Consu24
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would definitely say the LSE is not behind on student life
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBrWq6rzYoQ
onimusha370
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Quantex)
Durham.

Sorry, joking. You can get the train to Newcastle.
I second going to Durham and getting the train to Newcastle :P
lilGem
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
UEA is fairly good there's a pub for every day of the year a fair amount of clubs in town, 2 club nights on campus and we've had some pretty big names perform in the past few years in the SU e.g. Paolo Nutini, Ben Howard, Gabrielle Aplin, the 1975 and Radio 1's big weekend was also held on campus this year

:cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (172)
14.68%
I'm not sure (54)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (344)
29.35%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.99%
I'm not a current university student (567)
48.38%

Watched Threads