Question...

Watch
TexasTexas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
...if a friend was seeing another friend on a casual type thing, but you knew the girl wanted more and the guy was only interested in sex, would you tell her?

She actually even messaged me saying her head is *****d up because of him and maybe he was just using her for sex. I think the only reason she gets with him on nights out and stuff is because she wants it to lead to a relationship.

I know that if she knew the truth that he was just using her for sex she would be furious and not see him again...what do I do?

If i'm honest he's p*ssing me off a bit with this, i don't want to see her get hurt but I have a feeling if I sit back and do nothing and she finds out she'll associated me with him and be upset with me too. I know about others girls he's trying to have sex with as well as her.
I also don't want to be accused of stirring **** by either of them.

On the other hand he is a good friend and i've known him a lot longer...

what would you do?
stableintegral
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by TexasTexas)
...if a friend was seeing another friend on a casual type thing, but you knew the girl wanted more and the guy was only interested in sex, would you tell her?

She actually even messaged me saying her head is *****d up because of him and maybe he was just using her for sex. I think the only reason she gets with him on nights out and stuff is because she wants it to lead to a relationship.

I know that if she knew the truth that he was just using her for sex she would be furious and not see him again...what do I do?

If i'm honest he's p*ssing me off a bit with this, i don't want to see her get hurt but I have a feeling if I sit back and do nothing and she finds out she'll associated me with him and be upset with me too. I know about others girls he's trying to have sex with as well as her.
I also don't want to be accused of stirring **** by either of them.

On the other hand he is a good friend and i've known him a lot longer...

what would you do?
Tough moral dilemma.

The moral thing to do would be to tell the girl. If she ignores you, you can't really do any more to help her, as she will have accepted her fate. Then, when it crumbles eventually, she will realise her misfortune. Yeah.

I think that if sex is going to be casual, both parties should accept that fact from the beginning. If it's clear that one person wants a serious relationship, and the other takes advantage of that, it would be unethical.

You might lose a friend, but you'd keep your integrity. Which matters more to you? You decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TexasTexas
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by stableintegral)
Tough moral dilemma.

The moral thing to do would be to tell the girl. If she ignores you, you can't really do any more to help her, as she will have accepted her fate. Then, when it crumbles eventually, she will realise her misfortune. Yeah.

I think that if sex is going to be casual, both parties should accept that fact from the beginning. If it's clear that one person wants a serious relationship, and the other takes advantage of that, it would be unethical.

You might lose a friend, but you'd keep your integrity. Which matters more to you? You decide.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know her friend has actually told her that he's using her for sex which is why she text me saying maybe they are right and he is.

I think I'm going to leave it unless she categorically asks me if he's using her. My friendship with her is too fragile, we recently fell out and made friends again but I don't want to risk it.

As time passes she'll realise it anyway, I'll be straight with her and tell her my reasons. If she doesn't believe her other friend who told her then she'd probably not believe me anyway
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (7)
30.43%
No (16)
69.57%

Watched Threads