lilacunicorn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Seeing as it's Ramadan, I couldn't think of a better time to post this.

As of right now, I'm lost. I'm seeking to find a place (spiritually) in religion, and growing up in a Muslim background, I had spent the last few months trying to forcefully fit my large foot into the ever so small slipper. Islam is beautiful, but in some cases, it's not the source of morality as many claim it to be. I don't want to leave Islam completely (primarily - and admittedly - because I'm scared that I could be wrong, and don't want to spend the rest of eternity burning).

I've been looking into Sufism which seems as a more peaceful and self-concerning sect of Islam. Are there any Sufi's out there willing to answer a few of my questions?
username240893
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Follow what your heart says and don't listen to your families or someone else's version of Islam
zanon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lilacunicorn)

As of right now, I'm lost. I'm seeking to find a place (spiritually) in religion, and growing up in a Muslim background, I had spent the last few months trying to forcefully fit my large foot into the ever so small slipper. Islam is beautiful, but in some cases, it's not the source of morality as many claim it to be. I don't want to leave Islam completely (primarily - and admittedly - because I'm scared that I could be wrong, and don't want to spend the rest of eternity burning).

I've been looking into Sufism which seems as a more peaceful and self-concerning sect of Islam. Are there any Sufi's out there willing to answer a few of my questions?
The best way to solve this is to learn the religion. Dont look into sects as this will not lead to anything because the only 'sect' that will enter jannah is the one that follows the messenger (saw), follwing the qur'an and sunnah.
zanon
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by demx9)
Sufism is the only part of Islam that doesn't make it a complete bag of sh*t
Show some respect
Dumbledore'sArmy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by lilacunicorn)

What kind of Islam do you currently follow?
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like Sufis, I personally knew one and he was nice. However, don't they discard the pillars of Islam? I still don't understand how they worship though... By dancing? lol it looks fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carpe Diem Jay
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Perhaps you should read the book Sea Without Shore by Nu Ha Mim Keller. Hope it helps.

(Original post by rhadawey)
I like Sufis, I personally knew one and he was nice. However, don't they discard the pillars of Islam? I still don't understand how they worship though... By dancing? lol it looks fun
Posted from TSR Mobile
Sufism is surrounded by much speculation, a lot of it being incorrect. Though there may be a few people in every sect that go to extremes, sufis in general do not discard the pillars of Islam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (119)
4.95%
Uncertainty around my education (357)
14.86%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (263)
10.95%
Lack of purpose or motivation (338)
14.07%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (109)
4.54%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (141)
5.87%
Loneliness (208)
8.66%
Financial worries (89)
3.71%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (101)
4.2%
Exposure to negative news/social media (116)
4.83%
Lack of real life entertainment (128)
5.33%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (208)
8.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (225)
9.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise