nph
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I am doing Textiles GCSE with AQA and I've just been given my brief for the controlled assessment.
I have to choose between:
1. Designing a modern costume for a West End show
2. Designing a children's item of clothing with a winter or a nature-type theme
3. Designing a costume for a fan of a hobby

Has anyone already done their controlled assessment or is willing to help me decided which one to do?
Mr...
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I know nothing

karmacrunch
Midnightmemories
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nph)
I am doing Textiles GCSE with AQA and I've just been given my brief for the controlled assessment.

Has anyone already done their controlled assessment or is willing to help me decided which one to do?
I did edexcel textiles GCSE... They're very similar in terms of stuff you need to do/ know so I'm happy to help.

I would pick the children's clothing item because it seems like it would be the best thing to make. But if I didn't want to do that I would pick the west end costume.

DO NOT GET BEHIND ON YOUR COURSEWORK. been there. Done that. Nearly dropped the course but I carried on.
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nph)

Hi, I can try to help! I'm on AQA and I've started my controlled assessment too.

I think that choosing a brief is something you mainly have to do on your own. You should ask for advice etc. but your final decision could be based on what you like and how well you think you'd be able to pull the brief off etc. :yep: If you don't like the brief very much or you're struggling for ideas, you might be wishing that you had chosen a different brief... halfway through Y11.

As you have three to choose from... I would cross out the ones you know that you definitely do not want to do. Then I would brainstorm ideas for the remaining ones... or one.

Spoiler:
Show
Or do you like all of them? :mmm:

+ I hope this is helping somewhat.

(Original post by Mr...)
I know nothing

@karmacrunch
Here to help. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
nph
Rep:
?
(Original post by karmacrunch)
Hi, I can try to help! I'm on AQA and I've started my controlled assessment too.

I think that choosing a brief is something you mainly have to do on your own. You should ask for advice etc. but your final decision could be based on what you like and how well you think you'd be able to pull the brief off etc. :yep: If you don't like the brief very much or you're struggling for ideas, you might be wishing that you had chosen a different brief... halfway through Y11.

As you have three to choose from... I would cross out the ones you know that you definitely do not want to do. Then I would brainstorm ideas for the remaining ones... or one.
Spoiler:
Show
Or do you like all of them? :mmm:

+ I hope this is helping somewhat.

Here to help. :mmm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for your advice!
I've chosen my brief now and it's actually none of the three I posted 😂
This helped a lot
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nph)
Thanks for your advice!
I've chosen my brief now and it's actually none of the three I posted 😂
This helped a lot
You're welcome! Oh, wow. 😂 At least you like it!
How have you found Textiles so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nph
Rep:
?
(Original post by karmacrunch)
You're welcome! Oh, wow. 😂 At least you like it!
How have you found Textiles so far?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't got very far yet -I've only done my border for the A3 pages and I'm about to do my first page analysing the brief etc.
But I'm looking forward to coming up with ideas and actually making the product!
What about you?
karmacrunch
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by nph)
I haven't got very far yet -I've only done my border for the A3 pages and I'm about to do my first page analysing the brief etc.
But I'm looking forward to coming up with ideas and actually making the product!
What about you?
Ah, okay.
Overall, Textiles has been really good this year! About my CA- I'm on my fourth page now. It's tough but fun. ^_^ I can't wait for the making later in the year too. :teehee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (92)
64.79%
I don't have everything I need (50)
35.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed