The Student Room Group

Already got Tuition fees as EU, can I be reassessed for Maintenance Grant?

Hi,

(Simply I am currently assesed for my first year that starts in September as EU, and I am thinking whether its still possible to be assesed as Migrant Worker so that I can get Maint. Grant)

I am EU citizen, and I am living here in the UK for more than half a year, I have already gone through SFE and got Tuition Fees as EU student.

I have been working till now and I intend to work part time thorugh my studies 15-20h per week.

Questions as follows :

1. If I was already assessed for Tuition Fees - I already got entitlement, is there any way for me to get Maintenance Grant for the course? (Course starts in September, so It didnt start yet...)

2. If I choose to go only with Tuition Fees Loan, Can I apply from 2nd year for Tuition and Maint Grant, so basically like Migrant worker? (If not assesed as one in year 1 of the course) or I cannot since "the status" cannot change during the course?

3. If I loose Migrant worker status during the year, will my grant be taken away or Grant and TUITION FEES?

Or simply Grant will not be given anymore, but I will still receive Tuition Fees?

4.Now I have been entitled for Tuition Fee Loan, will that change if I ask them to reassess me for Maintenance Grant?

5.How will the process of reassessment work?
Will I be asked to send my payslips and income evidence/parents evidence (not in the UK, they live in EU Country with translation) (or any other evidence really)....

or I will have to apply for Tuition Fees and Maintenance Grant from the start.

6. If I worked now for like 6 months, but stopped for now since I am looking for part time job(providing I will have one till term starts is it allright, or If I were to be reassessed I should be in the employement?

Id be very thankful for any answers really.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
any info?

Quick Reply