The Student Room Group

Pregnancy LOL

If a 15 year old GCSE student got pregnant would she be removed from school roll? Im just curious

Scroll to see replies

OP, are you a pregnant 15 yr old?
Reply 2
no my friend is
A girl I used to speak to in my games class got pregnant at 15 and she stayed in school right up until we broke up for the summer holidays. And another close friend of mine had a pregnancy scare not long ago. Smh kids these days :tongue:
Original post by nadiakms
If a 15 year old GCSE student got pregnant would she be removed from school roll? Im just curious

Pregnancy and LOL are two words I never thought I'd see combined.
Secondary schools are idiots .... If your friend is due after taking her GCSEs exams I'd tell her to not tell the school (obviously tell parents and stuff) it can obviously be hard to cover up pregnancy toward the end but even if she gets kicked out she could always pay to be a private candidate to take GCSEs exams which isn't that much money .... GCSEs are pretty much worthless BUT you need 5 A*-C to go to college ... Which is not at all hard ... 5 GCSEs = maths, English , science and maybe one more ... She may not be thinking about college after giving the birth but at least she'd have the option. Plenty of girls got pregnant at my school and the school kept them on for like a month and then found a way to kick them out
Reply 6
She'd be expelled for cheating in exams, the foetus might be feeding her information.
Reply 7
Towards the end of Year 10, a girl in my year got pregnant. She carried on at school, but left in October and had her baby in December. I believe she was planning on coming back to do her GCSE exams, and the school kept her on roll and was willing to let her sit her exams but she didn't do the exams in the end.
Reply 8
Original post by Arkasia
She'd be expelled for cheating in exams, the foetus might be feeding her information.

oh gosh
Reply 9
Original post by Landsquid
she could always pay to be a private candidate to take GCSEs exams which isn't that much money

Being able to take exams as a private candiadte is both awkward (it is very hard to find anywhere to let you take any controlled assessment) and expensive. If you can find somewhere to let you take a single GCSE, without any controlled assessment, for £50 you'll be doing well, £100 is more likely and possible considerably more. You're looking at £500 for a basic set of GCSEs. I don't call that cheap.
Why doesn't the friend just have an abortion? She's only 15, and that's another human being to take care of for at least 18 years.
My school use to dislike this girl because she was pregnant just let them deal with their life and not give them hassle and no they shouldn't.

Original post by Whowhatwhere
Why doesn't the friend just have an abortion? She's only 15, and that's another human being to take care of for at least 18 years.

aargorant
Reply 12
abortion should be a last resort so ???????????????????????????
some pretty mean replies there! In case you want a serious response, there are special teaching units in every county called PRU (pupil referral unit) where students can go if pregnancy is difficult to manage at school, these are schools that offer GCSEs the same as mainstream schools and they are free. Any school can send a pupil there if they find it hard to attend their usual school. Being pregnant is not the end of education and people should not judge. School will be supportive so she shouldn't hide it, but get all the help she will need.
a girl in my school had a child in year 8, then another in year 10.

she was allowed to not attend school i think or she just never came in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by diamondluck
a girl in my school had a child in year 8, then another in year 10.

she was allowed to not attend school i think or she just never came in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn it. I knew I should have been a girl.
Original post by heybaby
Damn it. I knew I should have been a girl.

lol. so you would like to pop a child out of your imaginary vagina?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by diamondluck
lol. so you would like to pop a child out of your imaginary vagina?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well unless I can just pop him out of my ass. Is that an option?

I need to know soon please.
Original post by heybaby
Well unless I can just pop him out of my ass. Is that an option?

I need to know soon please.

If women could pop out children from their asses, that would be hella satisfying. I mean, once i eat some heavy food, i love a great poop.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by heybaby
It would make toilet labor tricky. do you think you could tell the difference between dropping the kids off at the pool and, well... lol
I also think people would question their wife's loyalty to them on first inspection of the baby

well you only know til you've done it yourself...
why, because the baby would be covered in brown sh**?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest