Turn on thread page Beta

Theroy Tests watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Failed by 1 mark............. yet again

stu

ReputationRep:
    my sis got 100% first time, her friend (3As at a Level) failed first time, which I think shows you cannot be complacent about ti.

ReputationRep:
    This about driving theory tests yeah? Which part did you fail on? The hazard perception part is actually quite hard I think if you've never seen any examples of it before.

I was fine with my theory test, passed first time, got 35/35 on the questions but I'm at absolutely hopeless when it comes to the practical test, I just get way too nervous!

ReputationRep:
    I dont have a problem with the hazered perception part. i Have passed that three times but failed on the questions once by two marks and twice by 1 mark.

Propa Gutted

Stu

ReputationRep:
    Have you got the book with all the questions in? That helped me a lot.

ReputationRep:
    despite being a terrible driver i sailed thru my theory cos i got this cd rom from smiths (7.99)the weekend before the test, which had all the questions on. all i did was go through the whole set of questions once, noted down the unusual ones and learned them. got 35/35... is totally impossible to fail that part really... just the hazard bit thats lame. the best hting about the cd rom is that it had hazard perception clips to practice on - its just a case of getting used to what they regard as hazards... including pedestrians walking on the pavement!

my tips... click twice for every hazard AND ask for a monitor that isnt near the window, as mine was and the sun made it really hard to see the grainy videos!

ReputationRep:
    i didnt have to do hazard, only the questions!

ReputationRep:
    The best way to pass is to get a book of practise questions, - they only have a fairly small bank of questions so questions that are repeated on a pretty regular basis. It really helps you find out what you don't know too!

ReputationRep:
    Try the AA book I found that better than the official one and its cheaper.

ReputationRep:
    If you can do the many practice questions which are widely available, all correct, then you should pass the real thing easily because the same questions come up again and again.

ReputationRep:
    I failed my theory test by one mark on the hazard perception the first time but got 35/35 on the ques. Passed 2nd time though. the hazard perception is really hard. But i passed the pratical 1st time, it wasn't that hard only made 7/15 minor mistakes. But the practical has got harder u have 2 spend an hour driving instead of 30mins, which means u can make more mistake.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.