Turn on thread page Beta

Hypothermia - Med Students please watch

Announcements

How low does the human bodies core temprature have to fall too before hypothermia is induced?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)
    How low does the human bodies core temprature have to fall too before hypothermia is induced?

Thanks
    I seem to recall that it starts at roughly 95 degrees Fahrenheit.

{ not a medic }

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roseonthegrave)

Thanks
    have to ask y?????????

ReputationRep:
    35 degrees- i am no medical student but i have found a medical textbook in our house and that was the answer!

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    How long depends on the difference in temperatures between the surroundings and the human. Obviously if you're on Pluto, you'll die a lot faster than if you're in a cold room at 15*C.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's 34 or 35 degrees core temp.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't gone metric yet

ReputationRep:
    yeah, its >35 C. core temp.

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by hypothermia? Do you mean at what temperature do you die? Or shiver or what?

At 26C or below u die from cardiac arythmias. Before that, the response depends on how well ur peripheral sensors are working, esp. the ones at the skin. If they're not working well, you won't respond as well (if at all) to temperature drops.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.