Sevenoaks Sixth Form Entrance Exam and Interview

Watch
SuperWhoLock1
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm applying to Sevenoaks, Bromsgrove and Wellington in sixth form and I was thinking of doing maths, physics and chemistry for my entrance exams, but I was wondering: To anyone who took any of them for any of the schools, were they really really hard???
And did they ask hard questions in the interviews???
prosorry
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by SuperWhoLock1)
I'm applying to Sevenoaks, Bromsgrove and Wellington in sixth form and I was thinking of doing maths, physics and chemistry for my entrance exams, but I was wondering: To anyone who took any of them for any of the schools, were they really really hard???
And did they ask hard questions in the interviews???
I already told you about Sevenoaks. Wellington's Maths exam was a piece of cake compared to the one of Sevenoaks - it is only 40 minutes and does not require that much knowledge and skills (though it depends on what your weaknesses and strengths are). The Physics exam was not really bad but you should be quite prepared to perform well.

P.S One advice from me - try as hard as you can to get accepted either to Sevenoaks or Wellington. In my opinion, Bromsgrove is not as selective and academically strong as them.

Good luck!
SuperWhoLock1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by prosorry)
I already told you about Sevenoaks. Wellington's Maths exam was a piece of cake compared to the one of Sevenoaks - it is only 40 minutes and do not require that much knowledge and skills (though it depends on what are your weaknesses and strengths). The Physics exam was not really bad but you should be quite prepared to perform well.

P.S One advice from me - try as hard as you can to get accepted either to Sevenoaks or Wellington. In my opinion, Bromsgrove is not as selective and academically strong as them.

Good luck!
Ok
Thank you again!!
thirdcultureteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Oh lol you applied to Wellington as well?
thirdcultureteen
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
In my opinion, the Sixth Form Wellington entrance exams were all much, much easier compared to Sevenoaks. They would be things that my current school in Shanghai would expect us to know in middle school. The English paper was much, much simpler than Sevenoaks' and the same goes for the maths paper. They were all really basic things so it seemed like the entrance exams were more of a formality than anything else.

Personally, I feel that Wellington bases their decision more on the interview rather than the actual entrance exams. So just be yourself and perform well in the interview and you should be fine for Wellington!

Sevenoaks papers may require some preparation, depending on what your school has already taught you, but the school does give you the names of various textbooks that would provide you with the necessary information. So just study those over the summer and you'll be good to go
TianTo
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
Doing biology, chemistry and maths for Sevenoaks entry. Does anybody know anything about the test
splash667
Rep:
Report 6 years ago
I have got the tests on Saturday!!!!!! I'm doing eco, chem ,phy and maths SL anyone give me any guidance on how hard/easy they are? I am really stressing
lennie4404
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by thirdcultureteen)
In my opinion, the Sixth Form Wellington entrance exams were all much, much easier compared to Sevenoaks. They would be things that my current school in Shanghai would expect us to know in middle school. The English paper was much, much simpler than Sevenoaks' and the same goes for the maths paper. They were all really basic things so it seemed like the entrance exams were more of a formality than anything else.

Personally, I feel that Wellington bases their decision more on the interview rather than the actual entrance exams. So just be yourself and perform well in the interview and you should be fine for Wellington!

Sevenoaks papers may require some preparation, depending on what your school has already taught you, but the school does give you the names of various textbooks that would provide you with the necessary information. So just study those over the summer and you'll be good to go
Hi, I was wondering what type of questions they ask you in the Sevenoaks interview? I am taking those soon. Thanks!
blue24
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Heyy i will have the interview for sevenoaks sixth form entry this november and do any of you mind telling me what did u guys talked about in the interview thx
baba534
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by blue24)
Heyy i will have the interview for sevenoaks sixth form entry this november and do any of you mind telling me what did u guys talked about in the interview thx
did you do interview online?
anniearkhi
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
uh I'm applying for Wellington! Any clue for pastoral/academic interviews?
baba534
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anniearkhi)
uh I'm applying for Wellington! Any clue for pastoral/academic interviews?
:mad:
anniearkhi
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by baba534)
:mad:
sry? /I didn't apply to sevenoaks as I feel like I'm not fit in with IB. If it's the problem that I put my problem in the wrong place I apologize for that and I'll delete it.
baba534
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anniearkhi)
sry? /I didn't apply to sevenoaks as I feel like I'm not fit in with IB. If it's the problem that I put my problem in the wrong place I apologize for that and I'll delete it.
I wanted to say that unfortunately I have no idea about pastoral / academic interviews

I'm sorry
anniearkhi
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
I wanted to say that unfortunately I have no idea about pastoral / academic interviews

I'm sorry
ahahaha that's totally fine! Good luck for both of us !
blue24
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
did you do interview online?
They have not sent me an email about it yet, hbu?
blue24
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Heyy so have you done the interview?
Last edited by blue24; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (13)
8.55%
Okay (45)
29.61%
A bit lacking (54)
35.53%
Not good at all (40)
26.32%

Watched Threads