The Student Room Group

If you were rich would you work/go to uni?

I wouldn't looool

Scroll to see replies

depends - is it rich to the point where I'd literally have all the money in the world and I'd never need to worry about having none left eventually? if it's that, then no, I'd probably just be lazy and party every day
i d definetly finish uni and would just work part time when i graduate and pick hours i really wanted, then do voluntary work the rest of time
Reply 3
Original post by zippity.doodah
depends - is it rich to the point where I'd literally have all the money in the world and I'd never need to worry about having none left eventually? if it's that, then no, I'd probably just be lazy and party every day

loool mate 6 million
If I had a pound for every time I thought about this scenario I would have no problem being rich lol. Basically depends what amount of money is classed as being rich. £1M wouldn't really get too far nowadays. If I didn't have to worry about money again I'd finish my degree then just take life blissfully from there..
going to Uni to try and get rich.
if i already am....then why Uni?
If I were rich I'd buy a University...somehow...lol and then shut it down because fight the power.
yes. Go uni pickup a degree. Do voluntary work and try to pick some work exp by doing internships for a few years that way if I start to become poor I can apply for decent job.
Even if I had an insane fortune I'd still stick in at uni. I enjoy my course and uni life in general. Also I want to achieve things with my life, not spend the rest of days dossing about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd continue my learning but at home, where i can do things at a leisurely pace and learn more fun and interesting things
In terms of work i'd be happy with a passive income, but i'd at least try to make some contribution to society in some way otherwise i'd feel without purpose and completely lost
If I came into a large sum of money, I wouldn't bother with university. I would set up a small business, let it grow, expand and grow my monetary value. The true path to success is to make your own business. It's how all the greats came to be. Nobody truly got rich and powerful off of working for some other schmucks company. You can earn a tidy sum working up a company but you likely will never end up running that company. Right now I have two choices. Go to university and hope a job might be there at the end(unlikely given how many other people are doing degrees, there are too many people at university, many un-necessarily-not undeservingly though) with a big boat of debt that whilst I wont ever fully pay off, will eat 9% of my income a month. That or I'm gonna join the merchant navy for a good few years, accrete some money and start a business in a few years. University isn't the guarantee of success it used to be anymore. It's boiled down to it being nothing more than a ticking box filter with little worth outside of the experience itself(which itself may be bad for some experientially)
Original post by marco14196
If I came into a large sum of money, I wouldn't bother with university. I would set up a small business, let it grow, expand and grow my monetary value. The true path to success is to make your own business. It's how all the greats came to be. Nobody truly got rich and powerful off of working for some other schmucks company. You can earn a tidy sum working up a company but you likely will never end up running that company. Right now I have two choices. Go to university and hope a job might be there at the end(unlikely given how many other people are doing degrees, there are too many people at university, many un-necessarily-not undeservingly though) with a big boat of debt that whilst I wont ever fully pay off, will eat 9% of my income a month. That or I'm gonna join the merchant navy for a good few years, accrete some money and start a business in a few years. University isn't the guarantee of success it used to be anymore. It's boiled down to it being nothing more than a ticking box filter with little worth outside of the experience itself(which itself may be bad for some experientially)

this - smart fella!
Reply 11
Original post by Tourminator
If I had a pound for every time I thought about this scenario I would have no problem being rich lol. Basically depends what amount of money is classed as being rich. £1M wouldn't really get too far nowadays. If I didn't have to worry about money again I'd finish my degree then just take life blissfully from there..

loool 1M wouldn't go far loool I'm done
Original post by games211
loool 1M wouldn't go far loool I'm done

To be fair you could invest £1M in company shares or you could buy a property or two in an expensive area and then lease it, the latter being the better option. However, one is still not out of the woods in terms of financial security so I'd still at least embark on and finish my degree.
Reply 13
Original post by ImNotReallyMe
I'd continue my learning but at home, where i can do things at a leisurely pace and learn more fun and interesting things
In terms of work i'd be happy with a passive income, but i'd at least try to make some contribution to society in some way otherwise i'd feel without purpose and completely lost

true I finished my A2 exams 2 week ish ago and I am so boredddddddddddddddd so so so bored, how do people on benefits survive!!!
Reply 14
Original post by Tourminator
To be fair you could invest £1M in company shares or you could buy a property or two in an expensive area and then lease it, the latter being the better option. However, one is still not out of the woods in terms of financial security so I'd still at least embark on and finish my degree.

Fair so how much money do you think you can survive on without working ever again?
I would but I probably wouldn't study an intense degree.
Original post by games211
true I finished my A2 exams 2 week ish ago and I am so boredddddddddddddddd so so so bored, how do people on benefits survive!!!

lol try a hobby or something, video games and learning a song on the piano are taking up soooo much of my time! :biggrin:
I'd probably do a job or a degree that is different and exciting opposed to something that will earn me money/a stable life.
Reply 18
Original post by ilovereading
I'd probably do a job or a degree that is different and exciting opposed to something that will earn me money/a stable life.

Thats acc a good idea :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Technetium
I would but I probably wouldn't study an intense degree.

so what kind of degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending